The Sales Rep will be responsible for creating, developing and driving sales within the following target markets: bakery/produce/meat processing, industrial packaging, personal protection, safety equipment, sanitation, material handling and other plant supply needs. In addition to serving as a business development partner, candidate will build customer relationships, handle customer complaints and inquiries, manage accounts receivables, and effectively communicate with all appropriate internal departments/personnel.
This position is geared towards an individual that is highly motivated to progress through the selling ranks of BPD. Following profitable sales growth within this department, this position will be a candidate for relocation to a field sales position.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you'll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude. Responsibilities:
- Conduct sales calls to increase sales through existing accounts, while also prospecting and building business with new accounts
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and margin goals
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service to build relationships and ensure customer satisfaction
- Implement and manage pricing strategies within all accounts
- Work with manufacturers' representatives to sell promoted items
- Attend sales meetings and meet with sales manager on a regular basis
- Utilize all appropriate VIP (Dimensions of Professional Selling) techniques and methodologies
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree in Professional Selling, Marketing or Business a plus
- Telephone sales experience preferred
- Must have practical sales experience, preferably in at least one of the following markets: food/meat processing, industrial processing, plant operating supplies, personal protection equipment or related safety items
- Previous experience selling in a paper, packaging, janitorial/sanitation or food service distribution industry is preferred
- Required to work independently, with minimal supervision
- outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work in a team setting with a diverse group of employees, managers and outside parties
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel required
- Experience with IBM I-Series/AS400 operating system highly desired
- Some travel is required; sometimes with overnight stays
- Must be willing to relocate
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.