The host/ess is responsible for delivering a friendly greeting upon guests arrival, promptly seating the guests, and bidding them farewell and inviting them back upon their departure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet guests immediately upon arrival
- Inform the guests that their table is ready and invite them to the table
- Carry guests’ drinks to their seats/tables from the bar area and transfer their tab to the table if needed
- Pull out their chairs and tables to make it easier for the guests to sit down
- Answer calls promptly and politely
- Utilize all tables on a rotation to achieve highest turnaround of guests and maintain smooth flow of the restaurant
- Keep host stand well organized and stocked
- Move furniture as directed by management, including but not limited to tables, chairs, bar stools, banquettes, bar tables, boxes, equipment, etc.
- Tour the restaurant in intervals to identify any empty tables
- Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints while maintaining a positive attitude escalating to management when necessary
- Complete opening/running/closing side work duties as assigned
- Assist teammates with opening/running/closing side work duties upon request
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School Diploma preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- 18+ years of age
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards
- Minimum of one (1) years related experience
- Familiarity with Opentable
- Proper lifting techniques
- Guest relations
- Sanitation and safety
- Safe alcohol service
- Full-service restaurant operations
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
The working conditions described below are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Work indoors and/or outdoors, exposed to hot and/or cold surfaces, steam, and wet floors
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon guest volume
- Fast paced, high volume, full-service restaurant
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to walk long periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to repeat the same movements for long periods of time
- Ability to understand the speech of another person
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Ability to push and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as a Host/ess are expected to perform in your normal course of work. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide of expected duties. You should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 547824671Posted: 2020-02-19