Responsible for the planning, design, implementation and management of the enterprise-wide infrastructure. Should be able to assist and make contribution to the day-to-day infrastructure support and management, technical issues and project related tasks. Is required to act as the senior technical expert for the server team to provide technical guidance as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, engineer, implement, and manage complex server, network systems and configuration in a global, multi-site enterprise environment
- Plan, manage and communicate system maintenance activities
- Create and maintain documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
- Assist management to provide direction and decision-making guidance to drive project and production support efforts Job Requirements:
- Require to provide on call support and execute maintenance activities during both business hours and off business hours.
- Manage open requests and issues to ensure all work is delivered on time and with high quality
- Provide 24 x 7 support for both planned an d unplanned activities to minimize disruption to the business
- Work closely with management to create effective developmental plans for the server engineers to continually improve the group’s collective skillset and knowledge
- To build strong relationships with other key areas including network, desktop, security and applications to drive efficiencies across multiple teams
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years in a large, enterprise client-server environment
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts
- Planning, implementation and ongoing support of Windows Server environment in multi-site organization
- Supporting Windows architecture including Active Directory and networking
- Planning, implementation and ongoing support of a highly virtualized enterprise environment focusing on VMWare
- Creating and maintaining scripts to automate server administration and eliminate manual efforts
The work environment and physical demands described below may be representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Small to medium office or shared work space
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to walk long Occasionally
- Ability to stand Occasionally
- Ability to use hands Occasionally required
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Ability to push and lift up to 10 lbs Regularly
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
This job description is a summary of duties, which you are expected to perform in your normal course of work. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide of expected duties. You should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 547824676Posted: 2020-02-19