A Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing bi-weekly/ weekly payroll to accomplish XRG’s multi-state payroll objectives with the highest degree of confidentiality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records
• Responsible for the timely and accurate processing payrolls on a weekly and biweekly basis for approximately 4,000 employees
• Prepare stop payments, voids and check reversals
• Work with other payroll team member to coordinate, exchange and audit payroll information
• Investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards
• Preparing and processing paychecks
• Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns
• Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions
• Issue manual checks for terminations and miscellaneous request and ensure timely deliver
• Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
• Experienced and knowledgeable with restaurant payroll processing (Tips and tip credit)
• Collecting timesheet data and payroll information
• Understand Federal, state and location taxation
• Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs
• Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
• Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations
• Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management
• Working knowledge of payroll best practice
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• 21+years of age
• Minimum high school education
• Strong work ethic and team player
• Experience working in payroll
• Working knowledge of basic accounting and payroll practices
• Experience working with accounting and payroll software (ADP – Ultimate software)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
• Wage Garnish process
The working conditions described below are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
• Small to medium office or shared work space
• Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Ability to walk long periods of time
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Ability to repeat the same movements for long periods of time
• Ability to understand the speech of another person
• Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
• Ability to push and lift to 50 lbs.
• Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as a Payroll Specialist are expected to perform in your normal course of work. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide of expected duties. You should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time with or without notice.