Team Members that fill the Food Runner & Porter position act as the liaison between the Kitchen, Server and Bartenders and guests to ensure that all receive the best quality of food products in an efficient, professional and friendly manner. Runners must embody a "Customer First" mentality while upholding all Company tenets and practice the principles of Q.S.C.C. Reports to Management.
Food Runners maintain detailed knowledge of physical layouts of dining rooms and bars, including tables and seat numbers. Runners are able to decipher all food labels and ensure orders arrive to the correct guest.
CORE SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• English fluency.
• Anticipates guest’s needs.
• A discerning eye for detail.
• Exceptional guest service skills to include the positive handling of guest issues with tact and diplomacy.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Professionalism and courteous demeanor.
• Teamwork skills.
• Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the Company.
• Provides support to Front of House Team Members by:
o Stocking all service areas and maintaining adequate supplies during meal period,
o Assisting with service of beverages, transportation of food trays to dining room; cleaning of all public areas.
• Complete all assigned opening/closing side work to prepare dining areas and bathrooms. This will in inclusive of but, not limited to:
o Sweeping/Moping Dining Areas Regularly
o Clean Windows Regularly
o Sweeping Stairs.
o Restock Condiments.
o Restock Soda Supplies.
o Refill soda machines with ice.
o Keep soda machines clean.
o Clean Dining Tables Regularly.
o Fill Napkin Holders Regularly.
o Remove Trash to Trash Room or Dumpster,
o Completes Bathroom Checklists every half hour.
o Transports all dirty tableware to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
o Ensures organized food pick up area in kitchen and related service areas during work shifts.
• Maintains and applies full knowledge of all menus, kitchen procedures, product guidelines and standards, floor plan and seating charts as well as other restaurant information, such as restaurant hours, address etc.
• Expediently communicates health and safety concerns/violations to Management.
• Promptly alerts kitchen staff or appropriate manager of stock shortages.
• Attends all informational and team building meetings.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
General food service environment in which you may remain standing on your feet for up to six hours and may also be required to stoop, kneel, reach, lift and /or carry during the course of the work shift. This may require you to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. during the course of the work shift.
Posting ID: 547829607Posted: 2020-02-19