Marino's Pizzeria is hiring delivery drivers with both full-time and part-time hours available. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to delivering food to a customer's home and/or business as well as to hotels in our delivery radius, minor kitchen prep work, assembling and organizing pizza boxes, stocking supplies, maintaining the beverage cooler, emptying trash, mopping floors and other general cleaning duties.
Applicants must have a reliable, fully-insured vehicle. To be considered for this position, each candidate must meet the following insurance requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Licensed to drive for at least two (2) full years.
- No more than one (1) accident and one (1) minor traffic violation within the past three (3) years.
- Driver's license is valid and in good standing.
- An active insurance policy for the delivery vehicle.
- Drivers may qualify with up to two (2) minor moving violations, or, one at-fault accident and one (1) minor moving violation within the last thirty-six (36) months.
- No Major Violations within the past five (5) years, including but not limited to Driving Under the Influence, Reckless Driving, or Hit & Run.
- A copy of your state-issued MVR/driving record must be furnished within three (3) days of your completed interview. This document must be dated within the previous twenty-one (21) days.
The ideal candidate would have most, if not all of the following traits, knowledge, capabilities, and tendencies:
- Weekend availability and excellent attendance are essential
- A positive attitude
- A friendly and relaxed demeanor
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete all assigned tasks without oversight
- Ability to multi-task
- Upbeat and energetic personality with the stamina to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible weekend availability
- Good communication skills
- Neat and well-groomed appearance
- Ability to lift as much as 30 lbs. while walking up a flight of stairs
- Knowledge of all major roads, landmarks and housing developments in the Bear, Newark, and New Castle areas
- Able to navigate streets, sidewalks, curbs, driveways, steps, and stairs during inclement weather
- Familiarity with computers / POS Systems
- Scheduling flexibility is preferred but not a requirement.
- Availability to work both lunch shifts (10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.) and dinner shifts (4:00 p.m. until 9:00/10:00 p.m.)
Delivery Drivers receive compensation from the following three sources:
- A base hourly pay rate of $8.50 per hour - THE HIGHEST PAY RATE IN THE AREA FOR THIS POSITION!
- $1.00 - $10.00 delivery fee per order
- Customer gratuity
Our experienced drivers average $14.00 - $18.00+ per hour.
*** We are happy to announce that Marino’s Pizzeria now offers healthcare coverage to all qualifying employees during the annual signup period. To qualify, an employee must work a full-time schedule and maintain an average of 35 hours per week for a minimum of six consecutive months.***
You may also apply in person at Marino's Pizzeria between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. We are located in the Eden Square Shopping Center along with Giant Food Store, Gabe's, and LA Fitness at the intersection of Pulaski Highway (Rt. 40) and Bear Corbitt Road (Rt. 7.)
All inquiries related to future employment including the status of an application should be made in person or by email, only. Please do not call the restaurant directly regarding matters of employment unless previously arranged.
Thank you for your interest in our job posting. We look forward to meeting you.