Job Details The MRI Technologist will plan, monitor and provide MRI examinations under the supervision of the Lead MRI Technologist and the Radiologist. The technologist must have the ability to work independently while demonstrating knowledge of clinical procedures, equipment and policies and procedures necessary for job performance. Operates equipment safely and maintains standards while performing all types of procedures. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other modalities, and the medical staff from the referrals. Collaborates with department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives of the department and imaging center. Ability to prioritize work to complete exams in a safe efficient manner while providing high quality imaging. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written. Supports the mission, vision, and values of Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital- Vero Radiology Associates. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates general job knowledge of procedures and equipment necessary for job performance including procedure protocols.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and quality.
- Assures maximum safety for all patients and medical personnel in the MRI scan room and reviews all safety screening of the patient.
- Demonstrates general job knowledge of policies and procedures - Imaging Department - necessary for job performance.
- Collaborates with department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives for the department.
- Assists others in meeting department responsibilities and goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Performs in accordance with policy and procedures and adheres to its terms and conditions.
- Demonstrates a collaborative and proactive approach in communication skills, problem solving skills and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Maintains and promotes strong relations with other departments while fostering an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Maintains a safe, clean and economical operation.
- Answers referring physician or scheduling department questions regarding scheduling and patient information.
- Collaborates with department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives within the department and the imaging center.
- Strengthen professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Provides copies of imaging studies in a timely manner when necessary.
- Performs routine imaging procedures according to the policy/protocol manual and written orders.
- Performs emergent procedures according to the policy/protocol manual and written orders.
- Performs all special procedures according to the policy/protocol manual.
- Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis. Communicates any problems or requests for supplies to appropriate supervisor.
- Documents appropriate history and information in the radiology information system at the completion of procedures.
- Always abides by all regulations that apply to state and national standards.
- Answers the telephone stating name and department, speaking in a clear and moderate voice and assists caller as needed.
- Assists others in the department upon completion of duties or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Reports for scheduled shift on time; prepared to assume duties.
- Adheres to the department dress code at all times.
- Maintains professional behavior among coworkers, patients, and other medical staff.
- Maintains required certification and continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) registered.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
- State of Florida Licensure.
- American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR) needs to obtained within 12 months of hire.
- 1-2 years' experience recommended, minimal experience will be considered for training.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Mental Demands: Ability to work independent with the ability to problem solve and make decision. Ability to prioritize multi task while responding to numerous requests and to work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational efficiency; ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Special Demands: Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs, carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Requires sitting at a workstation or desk; requires standing; work may include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Work requires finger dexterity and eye hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures. Follows Universal Protocols.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 548103887Posted: 2021-01-14Job Title: Technologist