K-8 Spanish Teacher JobID: 10623 Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/Foreign Language - SpanishDate Posted:
The Dearborn Academy
(High-Needs School)Date Available:
Dearborn Academy - website
Additional Information: Show/Hide
The Dearborn Academy, a K-8 Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking certified Spanish Teachers. The Dearborn Academy's mission is to serve a multicultural community through individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility. http://thedearbornacademy.org/Jobs
- Implement the assigned instructional activities and course of study to engage students in conductive learning.
- Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that increase student learning and maximize time on task.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.
- Communicate effectively within the educational community and with parents on a regular basis.
- Meet professional responsibilities.
- Maintain and upgrade professional skills.
- Promote and maintain positive school-staff and pupil-teacher-parent relationships.
- Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree with a State of Michigan Teacher Certification (or)
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Spanish
If no Teaching Certificate: Candidate must possess a Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Spanish from approved regionally or nationally accredited teacher preparation institution to meet Highly Qualified requirement and/ or above qualifications to acquire emergency certification for the Spanish Language.
If the candidate intends to continue working in instructional role for the following school year, candidate will need to complete six semester hours of satisfactory credit in a certification program before the school can apply for a permit renewal the following fall
Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation
- Meet professional education requirements of school, district, state
- Relevant teaching experience
- Candidate must be Highly Qualified and dedicated to bringing their students the highest quality instruction
- Knowledge of relevant technology
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children and school improvement strategies, a definite plus
- Ability to effectively interact with professionals, parents, and students
- Position is immediate and requires the above qualification
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 548103923Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Spanish Teacher