Job Details Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Team Manager Pre-Surg and the Director of Surgical Services, the RN Presurgical Unit Staff is responsible for providing nursing care in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice/Ohio Administrative Code and Understanding Scopes of Practice/Ohio Board of Nursing and ANA Scope and Standards of Care. The staff RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for a given patient population within the established standards and practices of AGMC.
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and responds appropriately.
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified problems.
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
- Administers patient care and treatments safely in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Administers medications safely in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- EVALUATION: Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/receives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues ongoing education and/or certification in specialty.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Department Specific Duties: Reviews the patient medical charts, verifies all required test results, H&P, and nursing documentation are complete in preparation for surgical procedure.
- Provides education to meet the specific needs of the patient and respective family members.
- Collaborates and effectively communicates with the other health care team members. Provides hand off report at each change of caregiver.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to prioritize in providing patient care and management.
- Performs in a calm and professional manner during crisis and emergency situations.
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance for established procedures and skills. Learns new routines quickly. Adheres to established standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
Work Experience:Physical Requirements:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Completion of AGMC and RN PSU orientation programs. Completes/passes all mandated programs as required by policy and unit-based competencies/skills assessments as required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Posting ID: 548104861Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Rn