Job Details Provides immediate medical treatment to injured or ill patients on-site and/or during transport to hospital. Responsibilities:
- Maintains equipment.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness/injury and patient's history from available sources.
- Determines appropriate independent or collaborative response.
- Administers appropriate emergency medical care including life support procedures, decontamination protocols, obtaining EKG readings and vital statistics monitoring.
- May perform fluid/drug administration.
- Communicates with medical personnel at hospital.
- Reports or records observations.
- Follows directives until report and hand-off at hospital.
- Navigates ambulance to scene of accident in response to emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited EMS-Paramedic training program.
Complexity of Work:
- Current licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMTP) in the current State; Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) preferred.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Current valid State Driver's License (VDL) preferred.
- State licensure if required by state law.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- One year experience as a EMT-P preferred.
- Clinical experience through a EMS Paramedic Training program required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Posting ID: 548104890Posted: 2021-02-25Job Title: Paramedic