At Berry, we are committed to our mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue, we are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. We operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employ over 48,000 individuals.
Are you looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced environment? We work with many of the world's leading brands to bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place where your work is valued. Join our growing team today.
THERMOFORM AUTOMATION TECH
WILL TRAIN ON DAYS FOR 90 DAYS THEN GO TO AN OFF SHIFT (7PM-7AM)
Position Overview: To complete daily inspection, troubleshooting, repairs, and projects. Making decisions and improvements, keeping daily work efforts focused on the immediate repairs, and MEEF improvements needed in the direction of the Thermoforming Automation Department ideals. Insuring the equipment is running efficiently and producing quality product.
1. Inspect and repair pneumatic, electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems on Thermoforming Automation equipment.
2. Perform preventive maintenance procedures.
3. Locate parts required for repairs or projects.
4. Stay recognizant of all work performed on machines and machine performance.
5. Maintain neat and orderly shop areas and areas as jobs are done at machines.
6. Assume control of machine when a situation arises which has potential for personal injury or rapid deterioration of machine.
7. Insure a safe and healthy work environment for department personnel.
8. Monitor group and coach as needed.
9. Complete work assigned by Leading Engineer or Leadership Group.
10. Communicate activities with Group Leadership and other members of the department.
11. Obtain parts on a daily basis as well as emergency cases.
12. Assist in other departments as requested by Leadership Group.
13. Continue education and training to stay current with job requirements.
14. Wear proper PPE for task at all times.
15. Maintain PPE and company tools.
16. Maintain and enforce all HAACP, GMP, safety rules, and department rules / guidelines.
1. Work independently and as part of a team.
2. Have mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic aptitude.
3. Accept responsibility for work performed.
4. Must be dependable and motivated with a good work history.
5. Able to participate in an apprenticeship program.
6. Able to read blue prints and schematics.
7. Good reading comprehension and math skills.
8. Must provide own required tools.
1. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
2. Must be able to work around grease, oils, inks, and solvents without adverse reaction.
3. Ability to climb up and down ladders.
4. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, or stoop through an entire shift.
5. Good manual dexterity of arms and fingers.
6. Must have 20/20 vision with correction to be able to detect minor defects.
7. Must be able to differentiate color.