Overview Berry Global
Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com SUMMARY
The Lead Print ensures that a quality print department is being maintained and will lead by example. This position will have some supervisory responsibilities which will ensure that print associates work safely, efficiently and cooperatively in a manner that demonstrates team member involvement. This position is third shift (12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.) and reports to the Printing Gropu Leader.
- Works with the print manager and group leader to set up presses for quality print jobs to match customer order specifications and ensure production schedules are met timely.
- Promptly correct machinery malfunctions and notify the print manager.
- Oversees the starting and stopping of presses, housekeeping, catching, stacking the floor, cleaning and quality control.
- Utilizes customer color standard charts and sample containers for color and print comparison.
- Lubricates and replaces any missing parts. Clean dryer parts, presses and fountains.
- Notifies the Print Manager of production, scrap and fill out any documentation and production reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Past experience as a printer to perform all facets of training within department
- Must be able to pass color blind test
- Mechanically inclined
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must work well with all employees
- Ability to work in team environment
- Good communication skills