Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences. As a great place to work, we empower everyone to be their full, authentic selves. Read our Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity Statement here.Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Retail Grocery Location Position Overview
The pharmacy technician will assist the pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the pharmacist's supervision at all times. This position should increase customer confidence and loyalty to the pharmacy by providing consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service, and a friendly atmosphere. This role will accurately and courteously express pharmacy policies and procedures to the customers when appropriate.Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription.
- Provide first class customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting and answering the phone in a courteous manner.
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims.
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist.
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls.
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPPA regulations.
- Organize and file records.
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to store management.
- Perform price checks for customers and associates, as needed.
- Operate the cashier terminal, credit card machine and electronic signature capture device when checking out customers; collect proper payment for merchandise.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician: Successfully complete the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam.
- Pharmacy Technician (Non-Certified): no certification required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Possess good telephone skills and complete cashier training.
- Ability to understand and operate the computer in the pharmacy.
- Possess and exercise good attention to detail and accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company's goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer's needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
Environmental and Physical DemandsPhysical Requirements
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be registered with the Board of Pharmacy in the state employed.
Ocassionally - 1-33%
Frequently - 34-66%
Regulary - 67-100%Physical demands
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk on tile or concrete, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear, smell and perform repetitive movements with both hands and/or both feet. The employee is frequently required to carry, push, or lift up to 100 lbs and pull up to 150 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach at waist level or overhead, and climb up to 10 ft.Working Conditions
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee may be exposed to working in indoor, outdoor, cold, heated, and wet/humid working conditions.Safety Risk Factors
The employee is frequently required to twist back and/or neck, walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface, work with hazardous equipment and be exposed to sharp objects. The employee is occasionally required to be exposed to loud noise, skin irritants, nuisance dust, fumes and sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions and other toxins.Schedules
The employee is required to work varied schedules.Machines, Tools, Equipment, etc.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a computer, telephone, counting tray and spatula, pill tile, microfiche machine, case cutter, Telxon, cash register and other general office supplies and equipment.