Founded on Paul Hobbs’s pioneering spirit and adventurous pursuit of innovation and discovery, Paul Hobbs Wines is a highly curated selection of superior quality wines. Through sustainable farming, meticulous vineyard management, and minimally invasive winemaking techniques, each wine expresses its vineyard origins with finesse, complexity and authenticity. Paul Hobbs Wines represents exceptional vineyards, appellations and historic sites from around the world: California (Hobbs, Paul Hobbs Winery and CrossBarn), Argentina (Viña Cobos), France (Crocus), and Armenia (Yacoubian-Hobbs), with new projects in New York’s Finger Lakes region (Hillick & Hobbs) and Galicia, Spain.
The Facility & Grounds Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the proper and timely maintenance and repairs (m&r) of all Company facilities (i.e., wineries, homes, sheds, barns and, various other Company physical structures and assets). This position also supervises and leads the grounds keeping / landscaping team and is entrusted with maintaining, caring for and, enhancing the landscape aesthetics of 4 estate properties. This is largely a hands-on, in-the-field working position with minimal desk time.
This position includes a full benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, insurance (health, dental, vision) and 401k with company match.
1. Facility Maintenance:
a. Plans, schedules and executes active preventative m&r at all Company properties, keeping all facilities in tip top working and running condition. They will also need to respond to on call m&r demands.
b. Appropriately outsources and oversees specialized trade for jobs requiring a high level skill set. Reviews maintenance contracts, vendors quotes / job bids and, performs appropriate due diligence throughout the vendor selection process. Ensures vendors meet Company quality and cost control standards, inspects and signs-off on all work performed.
2. Groundskeeper Supervisor:
a. Knowledgeable in the science and art to skillfully execute all key disciplines with respect to plant care (i.e., disease control and pest management, nutritional, pruning, maintenance, etc.).
b. Supervise/lead grounds keeping team in sustainable, environmentally responsible practices with high attention to aesthetic detail, plant health and vitality.
c. Skilled in installing or overseeing installation of hard and soft scape assets such as irrigation system, pathways, walls, etc.
d. Approve timecards, time off request, and writes employee performance reviews for reports. Follows and enforce company safety standards.
e. Maintains all tools, implements, equipment and their storage areas in optimal condition and maintains inventory and maintenance records of all tool and equipment assets.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. Five years of proven leadership/supervisor experience in grounds keeping and/or construction appropriate for this position.
2. Basic knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
3. Ability to troubleshoot and access problems prior to outsourcing to contractors.
4. Read/write with good fluency in English and some spoken Spanish.
5. Occasionally willing to work extra hours including weekends with reasonable advance, mutually agreed upon notice.
6. Good time management, prioritization, and organizational skills. Ability to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
7. Valid driver’s license
8. Mus pass pre-employment physical.
9. Basic working proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel programs or the ability to learn.
1. Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
2. Able to work in adverse conditions: hot/cold weather, rain, concrete floors, walking stairs, etc.
3. Able to sit and/or walk and stand for most of the day: twist, bend, crouch, extend and have full range of motion in all varieties of physical movement.