The Love Street Project: Oyster Bar & Tap House - Jupiter, Florida
***Please apply on our Career page directly: https://lessingsinc.peoplematter.jobs/
The Sous Chef will assist in leading and developing our culinary team for the Project's Oyster Bar & Tap House concept under the guidance of the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef, and assist with the daily culinary operations for a groundbreaking, brand new restaurant on the Jupiter waterfront, along with a local seafood procurement program as part of the on-site commercial fishing docks. The successful candidate will ensure the highest level of quality for the restaurant's BOH operations, culinary program execution and service, maintain and/or exceed food cost and labor guidelines, and follow all safety and sanitation regulations and assist in the adjoining Seafood & Provisional Market. The Sous Chef will continually strive to innovate and implement recipes, provide constant guidance and support for culinary and service team members, and collaborate and communicate with the Service Leadership team. Sous Chef will encourage our guests to believe home is where the fish are at the Oyster Bar & Tap House concept.
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a Sous Chef in a high-volume establishment at a 3-star/3-diamond level of service
• Highly educated in food and beverage with an emphasis on seafood and seasonal ingredients
• Understanding of P&L for management of cost controls, budgets and forecast projections.
• Build and maintain strategic partnerships with the community, and represent the culinary program as part of the brand in partnership with our marketing and public relations team
• Open availability including nights, weekends and holidays
• Flexible and willingness to adapt to ongoing changes
• Proven track record in building high-performing teams with an ongoing development plan for future leaders in our company
• Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, accounting software, POS systems and payroll/HRIS programs
• Professional and confident in verbal and written communication with guests, team members and ownership
• Culinary degree and/or Bachelor's degree preferred with stable employment history
Benefits: Growth potential within an organization that offers competitive wages, vacation and sick pay, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, dining benefits, annual scholarship award and the opportunity to work in a new, state-of-the-art kitchen.
About the Love Street Project: The Love Street Project is a multifaceted, waterfront hospitality venue located along the south shore of the Jupiter Inlet, encompassing approximately 23,000 sq. ft-approx. 12,900 of which is designated to the Project's F&B outlets, with the balance allocated for parking and future retail/office use. The Project consists of two different structures (the "East Building" and the "West Building"). The single floor East Building will house a Southern Oyster Bar & Tap House restaurant concept that will also include a retail seafood market and limited "fine casual" grab-and-go offering.. The two-story West Building will feature a Contemporary American Grille concept, along with a rooftop tapas bar and observatory lounge/viewing area.
Founded on the idea of creating an exciting and innovative hospitality destination, comprised of multiple F&B outlets to serve as the core of the new real estate development on the Jupiter Inlet, the overall vision for the Love Street Project positioned to usher in the next evolution of waterfront restaurants and bars in Jupiter, FL. Consequently, a set of unique experiences will be created for this new hospitality venture, which will offer various levels of dining based on the individual preferences of the guests and/or demographics, whether they simply wish to share a few small plates over drinks, sit down for a multi-course dinner, or come off their boat and dine outside in a more relaxed, al fresco setting.
Posting ID: 548339791Posted: 2020-02-19