The Hy-Vee Distribution Center in Cherokee, Iowa has immediate full & part-time openings on mornings as well as overnights. Most positions do not require previous experience.
Application Instructions: Go to www.hy-vee.com/careers > Search "Cherokee DC" or visit us Mon-Fri 9a-4p at 1010 Riverview Drive, Cherokee, IA. For more information, text or call 712.221.6663.
ATTENTION VETERANS: Through the Hy-Vee Homefront Program, Veterans who were honorably discharged within the past 2 years may be eligible for a $5,000 signing bonus, relocation of household goods, and assistance with home closing costs.
**Hy-Vee is a drug free workplace**
A few benefits of working at a Hy-Vee distribution center:
-75% employer paid benefits for full-time
-10% off groceries + 10 cents off per gallon on gasoline
-4 10’s schedule on 3rd shift
-4 10’s schedule on 3rd shift
-Annual pay increases
-Flexible scheduling options
-Incentive pay for above average performance
-Numerous advancement opportunities.
-Provides customer service by accurately and timely selecting orders via a voice automated selection system and safely packages them for shipment to assigned stores.
-Accurately loads merchandise on assigned trailer for delivery and records selectors EXE number.
-Accurately receives freight and checks it in by matching the manifest to the product, inspecting for damages and correct height, and checking the tag for slotting. Reports damage and problems to a supervisor.
-Selects and receives bread and sorts bread trays.
-Accurately replenishes select slots.
-Upon certification, safely operates pallet jack, forklift, pick-in-reserve machine, loader, turrit truck, and clamp/slip-sheet machine as needed.
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Must have the ability to meet the language and hearing capabilities for voice automated selection.
-Must be able to pass drug test
-Must be able to work for entire shift at a fast pace in a physically demanding job
- Must have the ability to follow one or two-step instructions; routine, repetitive task.
-Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division involving whole numbers.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be physically able to perform heavy work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, 50 pounds of force frequently, and 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 25 feet.
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to 20 feet or more with or without correction, color vision, field of vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Posting ID: 548393804Posted: 2020-02-08