This is the job description for ROOM SERVICE SERVER
Job Title: Room Service Server
Department: Front Desk
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Dining Room Supervisor (Asst. Restaurant Mgr./Restaurant Mgr. )
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To serve meals to hotel guests according to established rules of etiquette, and to ensure a more pleasant stay.
1. Replenishes supplies of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes at the room service station.
2. Answers room service phone within 3 rings, answers questions, and takes orders from guests.
3. Relays order to kitchen and/or the bar.
4. Arranges orders on service trays, ensuring flair, sanitation, and timeliness of delivery.
5. Collects trays delivered to keep hallways clear and assist the guest through the removal of food.
6. Completes side work as deemed necessary by management to ensure the smooth operations of the
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
2. Ability to perform repetitive actions consistently.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent.
Additional physical & visual requirements
Identify and distinguish colors Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances X Extreme heat (non-weather)
Lift/carry 6-25 lbs. X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs. Near moving or mechanical parts
Lift/carry over 50 lbs. On high precarious places
X Reach hands and arms in any direction With fumes or airborne particles
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours Near risk of electrical shock
Near loud noises
In areas of strong vibration
Posting ID: 548501889Posted: 2020-02-25