We have a part-time opening for a kennel assistant to help take care of our dog and cat guests.
We are a well established pet boarding and grooming facility and have been serving the Tampa Bay area for over 40 years.
We are a small, friendly, family owned business with 3 long term employees and need to add 1 more quality employee who wants to work more than a few months.
About the job:
Job involves cleaning kennels, walking dogs, feeding and administering meds, bathing dogs, cleaning cat cages, and misc cleaning.
After learning our kennel procedures you will be trained to also work in the office to check in-check out customers, answer phones etc, but most of the time you will work in the kennel.
We board all breeds so you must be physically able to walk dogs of any size.
What we expect from you:
*** You must have good communication skills to deal with our customers during check in-check out and on the phone.
*** You must be very reliable and have your own transportation.
*** You must be willing to work at cleaning, job involves a lot of cleaning.
*** You must be available to work some days 7AM -10AM and some days from 3PM - 5PM.
*** You must be available to work some weekdays and also most weekends and holidays.
- Approximately 12-25 hours/wk, sometimes more or less depending on how busy we are.
- We pay double-time for working on major holidays.
- Flexible work schedule for your requested time off
- Employee discount
YOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN YOUR RESPONSE:
- whatever kind of experience you have with dogs or other animals (work, volunteer, home)
- hours available you can work
- we prefer to hire someone within 10 miles from our location.
- Please not apply if you desire full time work