The Assistant Manager [AM], is in training to be the leader of the individual restaurant management team. The AM is responsible for completing all of the Training Certifications by successfully passing the competencies for each position before training as a General Manager.
The AM reports directly to the assigned General Manager [GM] and/or the District Manager [DM]. The AM is accountable for executing the policies, procedures, and direction provided by the GM and/or DM. As the store leader in training, the AM must be able to perform ALL restaurant tasks as needed and ensure proper execution of company standards, policies and procedures including monitoring and maintaining the overall guest experience, and the safety and security of team members and company assets.
The AM must be able to fluently speak and write in the English language in order to best communicate with our customers, vendors, and leadership, and must maintain professional dress, speech, and behavior at all times.
REWARD FOR MEETING OUR HIGH STANDARDS?
In return for the AM skills, dedicated effort and successful completion of competencies, the AM will receive the opportunity for advancement to the General Manager position. At the time of advancement, a competitive compensation package will be received, and an opportunity to thrive in a challenging, enriching and rewarding environment, with the opportunity to grow with the company as we begin a period of exciting growth. The AM will be empowered to lead the team and be provided the tools to do so.
While in training, observe and learn to…..
- …day to day management of team members, shift leaders, and role model the company standards for quality service, cleanliness, product and procedure knowledge and accuracy in execution, team appearance, professionalism and sales building
- …continuous inspection of restaurant for cleanliness and readiness, ensuring that duties and tasks are being performed correctly. Demand perfection!
- …work performance of other team members as needed, leading by example and following standards strictly
- …quality checks and observe company procedures being followed throughout the day including but not limited to food and drink accuracy
- …optimal staffing levels in the restaurant by observing effective scheduling, following deployment procedures to match roles with skill sets, and driving the store training process to create a versatile team
- …conduct and/or delegation of team member training
- …management of the overall scheduling and payroll process: write schedules, manage schedule requests, verify hours worked and approve weekly payroll, maintenance employee files and comply with applicable laws
- …approval of time and tip reporting for payroll hours
- …inventory and ordering, and outside shopping
- …performance related issues and report to GM and/or DM, and conduct team member performance reviews and evaluations
- …reconciliation of daily audits and receipts, overseeing sales, comps, voids, employee food, conducting blind drops
- …deposit drops with compliant cash handling procedures
- … customer complaint handling and reports to GM and/or DM performs table touches to ensure order accuracy, food quality, and guest satisfaction
- …equipment maintenance and service
- …catering inquiries, oversee process and follow up
- …use and implementation of all company methods, systems and processes
- Regular and predictable attendance:
The scheduled working hours for this position may range between the days of Sunday – Saturday from 5:30am to 5:30pm
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- 21+ years of age
- High school graduate
- Prefer a college or culinary school degree, it is not required
- 3 – 5 years restaurant mgmt. experience, with min. 2 years as General Manager
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience is a plus
- Able to maintain a clean, safe and hostile free environment
- Dependable, honest, trustworthy, possesses integrity
- Courteous and enthusiastic
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional guest services skills
- Basic math and computer skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to establish priorities for self and others
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Accountable, punctual, delivery of high quality, professional work
- Successful completion of all Training Certifications
- Proficient on Aloha POS
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Never = 0% Rarely = 1 – 10% Occasionally = 11 – 33% Frequently = 34 – 66% Continuously = 67+%
LIFTING + CARRYING:
Weight Frequency Objects
1-10 lbs. Continuously Food items, kitchen utensils, paper goods, office items
11-20 lbs. Occasionally Iced tea pots, food, produce
21-35 lbs. Occasionally Bulk food items, produce
36-50 lbs. Rarely Bundle of paper bags, cleaning supplies
51-75 lbs. Never
I have read the responsibilities and requirements of the position of Assistant Manager. To the best of my knowledge, I believe that I can perform these duties and am qualified for the position.
Posting ID: 548655080Posted: 2020-02-19