Description: The Security Officer is responsible for the physical protection of District patients, visitors, staff and property consistent with federal, state, and local laws, District policies and procedures. This position is also required to act as a liaison with the public and District employees and serve as public relations representatives for the TCHD Police Department.
- Performs security and safety patrols in assigned areas. Report security and safety issues as appropriate.
- Monitors and investigates all safety, security, and unusual incidents on District property. Contacts TCHD Police and/or other agencies as required when a Police Officer presence is necessitated.
- Assists departments, clinics, and healthcare areas during internal and external events that may affect normal hospital operations.
- Provides personal escorts to District personnel, patients, and visitors as requested.
- Ensures, through appropriate patrol techniques, proper barriers, barricades, and warning signs are in place.
- Ensures maintenance requests are forwarded to appropriate departments relative to safety issues such as lighting, equipment failures, etc.
- Participates in disaster drills and operations as necessary.
- Prepares and submits TCHD PD reports and other JPS reports as necessary.
- Ensures safety regulations are complied with in an effort to facilitate an efficient and accident-free environment.
- Demonstrates courteous and professional demeanor toward all persons.
- Complies with District and JCAHO mandatory training requirements and any additional training requirements set forth by the department.
- Must be professional in appearance and in compliance with the TCHD PD uniform policy.
- Hear and respond to audible emergency alarms and instructions transmitted on the TCHD PD radio.
- Respond audibly to public inquiries and transmit clearly over a TCHD PD radio.
- Must excel at decision making, problem solving, and customer service.
- Receive and process lost/found property and evidence as directed by policies and procedures.
- Respond to violent physical encounters using the appropriate force necessary in accordance with State and Federal laws and TCHD PD policies and procedures.
- Testify in court as required.
- Respond appropriately to all requests for assistance in accordance with JPS and TCHD PD policy and procedures.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma GED or equivalent
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1 plus year of experience as a security officer or health care security officer.
- 1 plus year of experience using Microsoft Professional Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Valid Texas driver license.
- Completion of the Department’s defensive driving course. May be obtained subsequent to hire.
- Completion of the IAHSS Basic Training Certification Course. Must be obtained within one year from the date of hire.
- Completion of the TCHD PD approved defensive tactics training course. Must be completed within six months of hire.
- Completion of the TCHD PD Security Officer training program. Must be completed within six months of hire.
- Completion of the “Calming Angry Persons” training. Must be completed within six months of hire.
- Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Bilingual abilities
Posting ID: 548675444Posted: 2020-02-19