Description: The Transport Operator performs activities necessary for timely pick-up, sorting, and delivering of various items of hospital equipment, supplies, lab specimens, and mail. Will be required to make daily service checks prior to operating the vehicle.
- Exhibits an awareness of safety requirements and practices in everyday tasks.
- Maintains a positive, responsible attitude for the department activities as well as their own job responsibilities.
- Conducts everyday operations with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Transport of patients to healthcare and medically related appointments using a district vehicle.
- Maintains the network vehicle in a neat and safe condition.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Completion of defensive driver training course within the past two years (May be obtained subsequent to hire).
- Completion of CPR certification required; may be obtained subsequent to hire.
- No accidents driving a two or four wheel motor vehicle in the past two years.
- No record of DUI or reckless driving.
Posting ID: 548676690Posted: 2020-02-19