Description: Performs painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures.
- Prepares/primes surfaces for painting by removing old paint using paint removers, scrapers, or wire brushes. Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers using a caulking gun or a putty knife.
- Cleans walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Tape off areas when needed.
- Applies paint, varnishes, and stains to interior and/or exterior surfaces.
- Paint ceiling grid and replace ceiling tile as needed.
- Replaces VCT/Ceramic floor tile.
- Works on ladders to reach high ceilings or walls. Erects scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas: moves furniture and equipment as necessary.
- Operates, cleans, and maintains all painting equipment, including brushes, rollers, sprayers, and pumps, etc. Safely stores and labels all materials.
- Ensures proper documentation of work performed using the computerize maintenance work order system.
- Adhere to JPS Standard of Behaviors.
- Adhere to JPS Code of Conduct, Compliance and HIPAA policies/procedures.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Must have a valid (Class C) Texas driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Posting ID: 548676696Posted: 2020-02-19