The Assistant Manager directly supervises the daily operations of a specified unit and ensures that daily schedules of activity and established quality standards are maintained. This includes the coordination of the individual and collective efforts of assigned staff.
Tasks and Competencies:
- Manages a staff of approximately 4 to 12 employees. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer or termination of employees based on performance evaluations.
- Supervises unit operations and preparation of work schedules for each employee.
- Provides on-the-job training for new employees.
- Delegates and is responsible for the ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of all food, labor, equipment, cleaning, detergent and paper supplies for the unit to ensure a minimum loss from waste or theft.
- Assists in the supervision of the preparation, sales and service of food.
- Forecasts food items. Estimates what amount of each food item will be consumed.
- Prepares budgets for food, labor, equipment, direct costs, etc.
- Prepares payroll figures, profit and loss statement, and weekly inventories.
- Maintains time cards daily and records overtime.
- Ensures that building and equipment are safe and sanitary.
- Assists with planning of special events.
- Education: College-level course work in management, restaurant management, or other business-related field desired. High school graduate with emphasis on skills training.
- Experience: Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in food service operations, preferably with supervisory experience. Excellent communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of employees, and computer knowledge desirable.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Posting ID: 548677572Posted: 2020-02-19