Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams, Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax, Thompson's Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,600 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Sr. Oracle Financials Functional Analyst acts as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery. Conducts detailed research of vendor products and assists with general project management.
Strategy & Planning
• Work with management to generate quarterly work plans.
• Recommend improvements for the business analysis process.
• Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
• Research tools to identify those that can best help serve the needs of clients.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Gather requirements, analyzes, creates design documents, and performs impact analysis for application changes.
• Manage Projects and Implementations, plan and organize tasks, reports progress, manages consultants for implementations.
• Develop solutions to leverage Oracle applications functionality for the Financials and Treasury areas and suggest process improvements.
• Lead user sessions for requirement and testing.
• Guides technical team in the development reports, conversions, interfaces and extensions for Oracle Applications.
• Understand and modify Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, workflow builder, custom library, profile options etc.).
• Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
• Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs functional testing.
• Create and maintain system documentation.
• Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
• Provide business reports to management and clients.
• Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
• Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Up to 25% travel as required (domestic and international)
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience.
• 5+ years Oracle application experience with various financial modules among General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), Fixed Assets (FA), and/or Cash Management (CM)
• Experience with 12.1.3 version of Oracle EBS or higher.
• Understanding of Order to Cash Cycle(O2C ) in Oracle
• Exposure to Advanced Collection (IEX), Oracle Credit management (OCM), Channel Revenue Management (CHRM) would be a plus.
• Expertise with configuration and setups for Oracle Financials modules.
• 3+ years' experience in lead support of software applications.
• Working knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
• Demonstrated skill in preparation and maintenance of implementation documents.
• Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database and development tools (PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Forms, Reports).
• Understand various essential business functions of an organization.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.