Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams, Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax, Thompson's Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,600 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect is a thought leader, responsible for the entirety of cloud computing initiatives within Sherwin Williams organization, and for directing the architectural aspects of the cloud engagement.
Enterprise Cloud Architect will manage the cloud strategy and cloud adaptation process for Sherwin Williams organization, working closely with business and IT teams to ensure alignment with long term strategy.
Enterprise Cloud Architect is responsible for managing cloud standards, principles, guidelines working closely with business and technology stakeholders to guide design decisions supporting long term strategy.
Strategy & Planning
• Work with Business Relationship Managers, Architects, business, IT Leadership and external system owners to understand business requirements in order to recommend cloud options that meets business and technical needs.
• Work closely with Data Privacy, Security and Networking to ensure compliance of cloud deployments with Sherwin Williams policies and procedures.
• Help drive the development of cloud strategy, adaptation process, cloud best practices and patterns working with architects and IT leadership from other IT divisions.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of cloud offerings, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices. Perform cloud proof-of-concept evaluations to assess capabilities and appropriate fit within architecture.
• Assist in determining cloud roles, cost analysis and budget requirements needed to support cloud solution.
• Provide cloud architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to business relationship managers, IT leadership and solution architects.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of company's existing IT divisional architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Work with cloud vendors to evaluate and select services that can support agile business requirements.
• Prepare ROI analysis and assist with creating budget proposals to initiate the acquisition of cloud services.
• Evaluate impact of cloud solutions in Sherwin Williams architecture and security.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with large cloud projects, which have a high complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business and systems.
• Partner with internal teams and cloud vendors on software and hardware selection and produce and present cost and value benefit analyses.
• Drives cloud standards for adopting cloud services to ensure consistency.
• Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
• Develop and maintain understanding of key processes, schedules, cycles, profiles, etc. for the technical systems in use by a customer.
• Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, large projects and strategies.
• Perform analysis of large-scale, complex, cross-system, cross-platform changes or issues.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Maintain current cloud knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
• Conduct research into new cloud applications, tools, components, and frameworks.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Train and share cloud knowledge with IT divisional teams.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Up to 10% travel as required (domestic and international).
• Work hours outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
• Master degree a plus.
• TOGAF or similar certification a plus.
• ITIL certification a plus.
• Professional cloud architect certification preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• 10+ years IT experience.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience developing documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
• 4+ years' experience in enterprise and/or solutions architecture
• 2+ years of Enterprise Architecture experience in at least one discipline (such as Application/Solution architecture, Technical/Infrastructure architecture, Information/Data /Integration Architecture).
• Strong understanding of Cloud service offerings and capabilities.
• Experience deploying and operating on a public cloud framework
• Familiarity with service design and pricing in the context of cloud-based solutions, preferred.
• Experience balancing the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
• Hands-on experience applying multiple solutions to business problems.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture discipline and frameworks.
• Familiarity with basic information management practices.
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
• Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
• Expert knowledge of computing architectures.
• Experience conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototyping and building reference models.
• Knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns.
• Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories.
• Experience in the development and planning of large scale strategic IT programs/projects, such as ERP, e-Commerce, MDM, CRM, Digital Workplace etc.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Experience with cloud deployment, technical and security architecture, database architecture, virtualization, software design, software development, SCRUM, application lifecycle management, .NET, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive, technical solution architecture, SOA, Windows Azure, Amazon AWS
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively partner within IT and the Business to lead and influence others in a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and enjoys leveraging them.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Negotiation skills and ability to influence others by educating and sharing information.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, multi-stakeholder, multi-location environment.
• Thrives in an environment of continuous change; strives to act as an agent of change.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.