Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams, Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax, Thompson's Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Senior IT Business Analyst will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. This role will understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery.
Strategy & Planning
• Gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements from clients and business users.
• Analyze, document, and improve workflows, processes, and standards.
• Understand business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements.
• Communicate effectively with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements including GUI, screen and interface designs.
• Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
• Work with Quality Assurance to build and validate test cases against all requirements.
• Analyze application defects and changing requirements to determine if they fall within scope of project requirements and escalate to project management.
• Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
• Execute demos of working solutions to stakeholders.
• Utilize existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
• Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution within the group.
• Provide application expertise as a project resource.
• Train and mentor other Business Analysts as assigned.
• Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
• Research or prototype new tools and/or technologies.
• Assist with other projects as necessary to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the teamwork.
• Lead internal teams/task forces on initiatives as assigned.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree in IT, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT and/or Business experience.
• 5+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
• 5+ years of Business Analyst experience
• Proven experience with digital, E-Commerce and/or user experience projects.
• IBM WebSphere Commerce preferred.
• Experience with Master Data Management platforms preferred
• Experience with enterprise OMS and enterprise CMS platforms preferred.
• Well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
• Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.
• Strong technical knowledge coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer's needs.
• Ability to facilitate process mapping activities and working knowledge of mapping techniques.
• Understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Familiarity with how legacy and web-based system interfaces with each other.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.