Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Description:
This role is on a team that provides oversight and risk management coverage for Global Functions. This role will provide support for the challenge of CCAR, Finance and Controllership MCA (Manager's Control Assessment - RCSA) as well as the broader challenge of CCAR elements, significant process changes, and lessons learned required as a result of operational risk policy (losses and near misses). This role can be located in Tampa, Florida or Irving, TX.
The two positions in this role will report to the coverage head of Finance, Tax and Treasury, who reports to the Operational Risk Management head for Global Functions, Commercial Bank, the CBNA Legal Vehicle and Reputational Risk. The incumbent may be located either in Tampa, Florida or Irving, Texas. These are additional positions that represent Operational Risk Management's plan to enhance governance in this area. These two individuals are key contributors to a team that works closely with functional management including the in-Business Risk Management and Control teams and control partners. ORM Framework Implementation Development and Oversight Responsibilities
Operational Risk's primary responsibility is to ensure that Citi has an effective operational risk framework. Global Functions ORM interacts with the ORM Foundation Team to execute on this responsibility by:
•Challenging MCA activities, processes, risks, controls and monitoring; rating of inherent and residual risks; quarterly and annual risk assessments.
- Providing input into operational risk framework program and policy development
• Facilitating adherence to Op Risk specific regulatory requirements through proper usage of tools and participation in programs (e.g Scenario Analysis)
• Championing usage of tools for risk management purposes with the business as well as challenging their tool usage (e.g. control reporting in GRC, lessons learned)
• Acting as an escalation point to senior management for framework implementation deficiencies and general navigation of the organization
• Articulating requirements for tool enhancement and creation
• Participating in delivering operational risk framework training Business Risk Management ResponsibilitiesGovernance & Oversight
• Meet with functional management leadership on a regular basis and build stature and strong relationships to be a valued and respected partner and to gain strong share of mind
• Escalate operational risk events as appropriate and challenege and partner with the business to drive oversight and challenge of effective remediation activities Risk Identification Analysis & Assessment:
• Work with other second line of defense functions in the identification, analysis and assessment of operational issues and emerging risks as relevant for individual businesses
• Identify trends, themes, tendencies that indicate emerging operational risks:
• Proactively analyze various data sources to form an independent assessment/opinion of operational risk for finance, controllerships and product control
• Use leading indicators and metrics to identify areas of potential and emerging riskt
• Leverage knowledge of the current economic, regulatory, and business environment to proactively identify potential risk and develop specific recommendations for the Business to action
• Identify changes in business strategy, market conditions, industry trends, regulatory environment, country macro-economic factors, etc. that may lead to an increase in operational risk
• Operational Loss Analysis: understand how losses were incurred, determine lessons learned are appropriate and address root causes and can be leveraged for risk mitigation activities as outlined below Risk Mitigation:
• Drive solutions to root causes that potentially can lead to the manifestation of Operational Risk
• Develop actions or, as appropriate, projects to apply lessons learned across a product, business, segment, country or region.
• Work as an independent partner to challenge finance, product control and controllership functions to mitigate risk, improve processes and improve controls
• Challenge these functions to take action to mitigate op risks before they materialize into op losses, or to avoid actions that will result in reporting, data or other errors or issues
• Evaluate control issues and ensure adequacy of Event Root Cause Analysis and corrective action plans
• Make control recommendations based on Operational Risk Event reviews or root cause analysis and ensure CAPs developed and implemented
- Seek opportunities to ensure that, where relevant, risk mitigation actions are applied across Citi
Ongoing Monitoring Activities:
• For those areas where potential risk has been assessed to have increased or is high, determine if a deep dive and/or specific review is required.
• Continuously monitor and review relevant data, reports, and trends to support Operational Risk profile assessment. In particular, operational risk events, indicators, assessment and audit results, business strategy, etc.
• Stay informed and current on news related to control matters. Take into consideration the potential impact from an op risk perspective to re-evaluate the risk profile of the coverage area. Development Value
ORM roles give a deep insight into the processes and practices of the business, in this role understanding of the finance and controllership functions can bey built to be leveraged in the future.
This is a role where the holder will add value to these functions, mitigating regulatory issues and ensuring proper controls over financial reporting.
There is a wide range of roles that can be considered as next career steps: staying in ORM and moving to different coverage areas, looking at roles in 1st line business, other 2nd line functions such as ICRM. The knowledge aquired is able to be leveraged across a wide range of roles.
• Strong understanding of Operational Risk Management framework
• Strong understanding of process management and respective industry best practices . Prior Operational Risk, Audit, or finance/controllership operational experience strongly preferred. Experience with CCAR a plus.
• Risk Management and/or Complianceexperience and robust understanding of the construction of an effective control environment.
• Superior communication, facilitation and consensus-building skills. Ability to effectively communicate with seniorfunctional leadership. Abilty to connect remotely and establish strong share of mind with business mind will be key in this role
• Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence
• High degree of personal initiative
• Organizational awareness with an understanding of how to engage the organization to achieve results
• Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems and breaking these down into manageable pieces
• Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, often deadline-oriented and dynamic environment
• Process design and analysis skills
• Research, analysis, and judgment skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills, intermediate Excel skills
• 7+ years relevant industry or risk management experience and/or accreditation. Experience in finance/controllership, audit and/or risk management preferred.
Education and Accreditation
• Undergraduate or graduate degree, also relevant experience considered
• Analytical skills
• Exceptional Communication skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Organizational Intelligence
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.