Job Title: R&D Technician
This position is responsible for making and testing simple formulations being developed in the R&D Laboratory. The position requires attention to details and is able to work with direct supervision. This position will work in the development of novel technologies.
• Executes experiments and analyses data.
• Documents all formulation processes in a lab notebook.
• Makes adjustments to formulas as quality checks indicate.
• Record results, perform simple calculations and prepare simple technical reports, including conclusions and recommendations.
• Performs audits on equipment as needed.
• Independently performs basic tasks as outlined by supervisor or others.
• Follow instructions and checklists to set-up equipment and apparatus and mix chemical solutions for use in tests.
• Assist with simple operations or tasks.
• Uses computing tools to capture and record data.
• Complies with all safety regulations and takes responsibility for ensuring safe operating procedures.
• Perform simple routine maintenance and safety checks on laboratory equipment to ensure it is in good working order.
• Recognizes routine requirements and selects proper, simple procedures for obtaining desired results to solve problems.
• Diploma or equivalent in Chemistry, or relevant vocational qualification.
• Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Previous Lab experience
• Experience of analysing data
Preferred: Paint lab experience (liquid or powder).
• Organizes work to use time efficiently.
• Seeks assistance on priorities for scheduling work.
• Verbally communicates routine information to supervisor and others in lab.
• Is receptive and attentive to instructions.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep - our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual's ability and merits in meeting the requirements.
Posting ID: 548695902Posted: 2020-02-11