WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
The Blend and Shade Tech is responsible for ensuring component materials are properly filled and color matched according to specification. This includes acquiring as near to perfect color matches for customer standards and producing adequate amounts of paint products to satisfy production schedules, meet customer demands and satisfaction in a safe manner.
• Fill component materials into containers by weight or volume as required. Stir, mix, or agitate material completely and assist other technicians in arriving at proper approvable color match.
• Make decision on proper inter-mix color and amount to shade. Make spray or brush outs to check colors. Check pre-mixed batches and formula cards. Correct formulas; reshade paints that have been discolored in production, rework s/f tubes and aerosols that have been rejected.
• Be exacting and careful in the precise measurement of quantities into paint batches. Handle incoming materials and their placement in proper storage and use positions under the direction of supervision.
• Read and comprehend batch instructions, product labels, and other work-related documents printed in English.
• Handles hazardous waste as part of manufacturing operations, maintenance, raw material handling, and clean up activities, in order to protect personnel, property and the environment.
• Perform housekeeping duties as assigned and keeps area and equipment clean.
• Follow established safety rules and procedures.
• Perform all duties as assigned and directed by supervision or management that may not be listed on this job description.
• Must have good color vision and depth perception. Candidate must successfully pass a color eye test.
-Must be at least 18 years of age.
-Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
-Must have reliable transportation to and from work
-Must be able to work overtime, with or without reasonable accommodation
-At least one year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment.
-Experience blending and making a product in a batch process.
-Experience monitoring quality of raw materials or finished goods.
-Forklift/material handling experience is preferred
Who we are -
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application and selection process due to a disability, please provide a description of your requested reasonable accommodation and information regarding the employment opportunity (job title, location, the website at which you found the employment opportunity, etc.) by one of the following methods:
Phone: (216) 566-2363
Mail: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator
Corporate Employee Relations Department
300 Midland Building
101 W. Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115
Fax: (216) 566-3266 Fax: (216) 566-3266
Do not use these contact methods for any purpose other than requesting reasonable accommodation with the application and selection process due to a disability. If you use these contact methods for any other purpose, you will generally not receive a response.
$17.00/hour starting pay
630PM-630AM Shift/4 on-4 off schedule pattern
Posting ID: 548696367Posted: 2020-02-11