Ensures that revenue is recognized in accordance with Corporate and SEC standards. Provides direction to sales organization prior to contracts being concluded.
As a member of Revenue Accounting you will assist in the processing of revenue impacting adjustments and reconciling balance sheet account. Monitor revenue, reconcile receivables, and unearned accounts. Work with internal customers to resolve related revenue inquiries. Assist in facilitating the automation of current processes and procedures. You may participate in special projects.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Prefer strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 8 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications :Function:
Global Marketing & Development - Revenue Recognition Level:
Sr. Revenue Analyst WHY ORACLE
With over 130,000 employees worldwide and multiple acquisitions each year Oracle continues to be the best place to work on complex accounting issues affecting the technology industry. We have a large and growing in-house team comprised of experts who value innovation and learning. Additionally, Oracle provides industry leading benefits including; flexible paid time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, a 401K, an employee stock purchase plan, and more!Job Description
The Revenue Recognition group ensures the consistent application of Oracle's Corporate Revenue Recognition Policies via the review of license, hardware, support & other support related services, and professional services contracts globally.
As Global Marketing & Development Sr. Revenue Analyst, under the direction of the M&D Director, you will be responsible for managing all internal projects/functions and internal control testing to successful completion. You will regularly partner with various stakeholders including Product Development, Pricing, Beta Program Office, Business Practices, M&A Revrec, and newly acquired companies to address Revrec needs related to development and marketing of future programs, hardware and services. You will review communications related to future products and services and advise on the revenue impact to stakeholders. In addition, you will be responsible for reviewing policies and updating training material as needed to meet business and development needs and present such training to key stakeholders. Further, you will assist M&D Director in reviewing significant program and service announcements and assess such announcements in accordance with ASC 606-10, and Oracle Future Product Communications Policy.Responsibilities1) External Training
2) New Programs/Special Projects/Beta Programs - attend meetings and work alongside the M&D Director to review Beta requests
- Update standard M&D Training decks as needed
- Work with M&D Director to develop targeted training for relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate and coordinate external training where requested and where required
- Identify high risk areas in acquisitions and provide focused trainings given by M&D team
- Track training metrics
3) Business Partnering
- Review new product models and policy proposals
- Evaluate any rev rec implications and present your conclusion to rev rec management
- Communicate any necessary guidance/implications to key stakeholders
- Create process document with FAQ
- Publish KI/present findings to Global rev rec team as needed
4) Provide direction and maintain consistent practices among Global Revenue Recognition Team
- Work with key Marketing and Development stakeholders on questions/concerns/issues relating to future product communications
- Establish yourself as the 'subject-matter expert' for future product communication issues both internally and externally and foster on-going relationships with key stakeholders
- Identify training gaps and address timely
5) OpenWorld & Large Marketing Events
- Provide support to Global Revenue Recognition Team and be the 'subject matter expret' for questions and issues
- Provide direction to the team on hot topics, issues and/or focus areas (i.e. events, SOX, roadmaps, etc)
- Aid Revrec management in creating new processes/procedures as needed
- Create and continuously update Knowledge Items on M&D related topics to ensure consistency across M&D project team and greater core Revrec team
6) Mergers & Acquisitions
- Manage all revenue-related internal controls and processes associated with OpenWorld and other corporate marketing events.
- Lead and assist ad-hoc teams to meet all project deadlines
- Identify areas of key concerns and proactively aid Revrec management in addressing issues
- Attend live event rehearsals as needed and aid Revrec management in providing guidance to keynote/general session presenters
7) Internal Controls
- Assist in reviewing acquired company collateral, contracts, and policies related to roadmaps and other future product communications.
- Assist in identifying revenue risks for acquired company contracts and business models
- Provide support for acquired company marketing and development collateral and facilitate reviews through global marketing team as needed
- Test internal controls related to M&D activities and document processes and any findings
- Advise internal and external stakeholders on issues noted during testing
- Compile results of testing and provide to external auditors quarterly pursuant to SOX requirements
- Laisse with external auditors on quarterly testing and results
- ACA, CPA or relevant experience in ASC 606-10
- Must possess strong analytical and English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze technical issues; determine possible solutions, and these complex issues and proposed solutions to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management and organization skills and be able to manage and prioritize several different activities in parallel.
- Must be adaptive to change and open to new processes in order to meet business needs.
- Travel 0 - 25%