Leads a team of people who design, develop and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in an effort to integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management; negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications :ODC Contextual Intelligence Overview:
Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) helps businesses improve effectiveness of digital advertising via better targeting and more accurate measurement through data and data science.
The ad tech industry is in a period of rapid transition as it faces new challenges due to deepening consumer concerns about privacy and increasing regulatory scrutiny. Contextual advertising is a strategically critical part of ODC's product suite as it navigates this exciting and challenging landscape.
Contextual advertising is the act of serving ads based on the content displayed, which is made possible by understanding the context of the content. Understanding context means that the content can be categorized, and included or excluded, in a campaign. But contextual advertising poses unique challenges due to the hyper-dynamic nature of online content. Marketers are constantly chasing trends and striving to keep in tune with the most ideal places to serve their advertising, and which places they should avoid. Job Description:
The Context R&D Data Science group at ODC is responsible, through application of advanced data science tools and methods, for
- Imagining and building revenue-impacting new products into the ODC Context solution set
- Extending existing product features and functions to increase revenue and/or improve margin
- Innovating and implementing systems for measuring effectiveness of ODC context solutions.
- Working with cross-product teams to research and build new solutions where Context is integral component.
Reporting to the GVP Data Science, the Sr. Director of Data Science for Context R&D is a key strategic leader within Data Science at ODC and within broader ODC. They will set the strategic priorities for the Context R&D Group (in full partnership with executive leadership of the ODC Context product organization) and lead effective tactical execution of the team's work programs.
The suitable candidate will have the ability to synthesize broader market forces and the strategic imperatives for ODC into tangible initiatives for the Context R&D team. Primary responsibilities include:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Collaborating with product owners, engineers, and sellers across global teams to determine and execute on priorities, delivering on key milestones across each initiative's roadmap.
- Designing and leading build of analytics architecture for Context that meets current needs and can scale with future growth and product strategies. Defining requirements, specs, etc. for same.
- Leading R&D staff in development of algorithms and engineering pipelines as needed to create new products.
- Building infrastructure to support these products at scale. Data architecting and engineering to enable future capabilities
- Defining, framing, and scoping analytic projects to meet a given research need. Managing work to completion within deadlines.
- Scoping and directing analyses to produce insights around the efficacy of our contextual products, and to determine best practices
- Scoping and developing processes and methods for assessing effectiveness of ODC context products.
- Selecting and managing external partners whose data or solutions add value to ODC products.
- Communicating strategic value of initiatives to internal decision-makers and sales teams.
- Leading, managing, and building an effective team of data scientists, managing and developing people, mentoring junior staff, etc.
- Being member of Data Science leadership team, setting the tone and culture and direction for the organization.
- Participating in established planning and project management process using Agile tools and principles.
- Advanced Degree in Data Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in data science and/or analytics.
- Proven history of designing and delivering successful (and highly scalable) products using data science and big data analytic infrastructures.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a deeply technical and highly performing team.
- Experience with managing complex analytical initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience and strong familiarity with big data infrastructure and platforms such as Hive, Spark, Hadoop preferred.
- Experience in the ad tech industry a huge plus.
- Familiarity with current data analytics programming languages, Python preferred.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including Communication fluency with C-Suite and executive leadership