Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications :
Are you a strong software development leader with a passion for building cloud services and distributed systems at scale?
We're looking for principal and senior software engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult systems and security problems in distributed, multi-tenant services and cloud infrastructure.
As a lead software engineer on the Security Automation team, you will help lead our development efforts as we build the technology platform that will designs, builds and operates services and tools to automate the end to end process of detecting, analyzing, mitigating and reporting security threats. Ensuring security is transparent and automatic for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure service and customers.
As a top talented software engineer on this team, your responsibilities will include leading system design of major features and services, mentoring other engineers, writing high quality code at a high rate of speed, improving the extent of our code coverage and the automation of our testing and deployments.
Cool things you'll do:
- Develop data ingestion and analysis solutions for a variety of inputs
- Design, deploy, and operate security pipeline infrastructure
- Work with Ethical Hacking and Offensive Security teams to discover and resolve issues
- Work with software development teams to assure they can resolve security issues
- Design, develop, deploy, and operate Cloud scale security tools
- Security metrics definition and delivery
- Consult across different software development teams for attack vector modeling
- Champion secure coding practices
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, Python, or Perl
- Good understanding of relational databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies
- Sound fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with designing, launching and maintaining distributed systems at scale
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Data Scientists
- Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases, and debug server-side, multi-threaded, and highly scalable applications
- Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), Data Modeling, API design, Containerization, Networking, and Linux
- Familiarity with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
- Development experience with cloud platform (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) such as OCI, Azure, AWS, and Docker Containers or Kubernetes and Knowledge of Big Data
- Experience with SIEM or Log Management tools (e.g. Splunk)
- Experience with Automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, and test automation
Posting ID: 548696917Posted: 2020-03-03