Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications :
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
We are the Compute Console team inside of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Our mission is to bring Compute features to OCI customers through our customer-facing web console. A high-quality customer facing console is at the heart of what makes OCI services usable, specifically the ability for customers to configure and manage their compute infrastructure at global scale.
We are looking for experienced Front-End Developers with a passion for creating customer-centric, impactful web applications. Our features must be elegant, accessible, intuitive, highly available, responsive, and performant.
Your success in this role will be in your ability to break down complex features into manageable pieces that are translated to great front-end applications. You are successful at partnering deeply within a feature team, broadly across the organization, or individually with engineers, product owners, and/or designers in order to deliver on your commitments. You treat every task like an owner, finding passion in developing your technical depth on how we build, test, and deploy our product features. You embrace change, thrive in a rapidly growing environment, and see ambiguity as an opportunity. Responsibilities:
- Build UI components and features that expose Compute features to OCI customers
- Contributes to overall Compute feature design discussions and acts as subject matter expert for front-end application development as well as console development and best practices
- Participates in project scoping exercises and self-manages to committed schedules
- Documents decisions, assumptions, tradeoffs, and analysis - drives consensus
- Acts as an educational, product, and technical resource to more junior members of the team
- Makes updates to Compute console on both scheduled and break-fix timescales
- Proven ability for shipping products on-time and as designed
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time through to delivery
- Willing to work in a closely collaborative, cross-team environment
- A background mentoring or teaching junior engineers