Responsible for owning and leading the development, execution and innovation of the Big Lots gift card program. Identifies opportunities and collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive first- and third-party gift card sales. Leads development of test and learn agenda to drive sales leveraging the gift card platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops program strategies and leads execution to drive growth in the first- and third-party gift card programs.
- Communicates strategy and results; and provides regular updates to key business partners.
- Builds strategic partnerships with the Stores, Web Operations, Finance, IT, Strategic Marketing, Big Lots Credit Card (BLCC), and Creative teams in order to effectively drive cross-functional projects and campaigns.
- Partners with Analytics and Finance to measure program and campaign performance and recommend hypothesis-driven tests and results-driven enhancements.
- Drives innovation in the gift card program.
- Benchmarks against competitors and stays current on innovations in the gift card industry, with a view to driving continuous improvement.
- Develops and executes promotions leveraging the gift card platform to drive incremental sales.
- Develops marketing briefs and communications to guide projects. Maintains an active role in planning, organizing, and monitoring all aspects of projects to ensure engagement, commitment, timelines, and risk are effectively managed.
- Ensures key deliverables are on-time and on-budget by effectively prioritizing projects, allocating resources, making timely decisions and managing expectations.
- Responsible for managing third-party partners to drive success in the gift card program.
- Develops actionable marketing plans in partnership with Strategic Marketing team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or quantitative discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in gift card marketing or similar field required.
- Proven success in customer marketing programs required.
- Multi-channel retail experience preferred.
- Proven experience in building effective cross-functional team relationships.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Posting ID: 548697052Posted: 2020-03-17