What You Will Do:
Responsible for overall organization and financial management of the care center, direction of care center operations and functions according to approved policies, procedures and standards. Ensures the enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of care center efficiency and fiscal success. Provides supervision to the clinical manager(s) who ensure the delivery of quality care to patients. Maintains the image of the care center in the community, as well as state and national organizations.
- Ensures the care center's compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures. Educates all staff members about state, federal, and accreditation requirements (as applicable). Maintains compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of care center personnel and accreditation standards.
- Ensures that all services are billed as provided to the proper payor source. Analyzes available reimbursement data, identifies trends and initiates appropriate plans of action. Collaborates with appropriate staff to complete billing adjustments and maintenance of accurate records of these adjustments.
- Directs weekly business development and management team meetings with all appropriate staff and other members of the medical community to promote home health services. Meets budgeted admission goals in collaboration with Business Development team.
- Provides input, guidance and feedback related to marketing activities and care center marketing plan to ensure that goals for growth are met. Participates in marketing activities.
- Oversees staff recruitment, hiring, assignment, evaluation and guidance to ensure employment of qualified staff. Ensures that the care center adheres to the company staffing model standard.
- Ensures adequate orientation of every team member assigned to their care center.
- Assigns and directs staff with appropriate skills to perform duties. Coaches, directs and encourages staff through use of formal and informal means. Provides leadership planning for staff education programs, administrative/staff meetings, in-services, and encourages continuous education and staff development for all team members.Sets positive, attainable expectations, objectives and goals for the care center.
- Handles necessary employee corrective action and discipline issues objectively, in consultation with HR.
- Uses knowledge, experience, and other resources as necessary to make logical decisions, solve problems, analyze work processes and make suggestions for improvement.
- Develops care center budgets in coordination with the Area Vice President of Operations.
- Responsible for care center financial and clinical performance along with delivery on key metrics within established budget.
- Ensures implementation of a performance improvement program to drive quality care, positive patient outcomes, and address negative trends. Ensures issues and deficiencies identified during internal or external surveys or audits are addressed and corrected.
- Collaborates with the Area Vice President of Clinical Operations in implementation of clinical operations standards and processes.
- Responsible for the delivery of care for all patients served by the care centers by providing supervision and support to the Clinical Manager.
- Participates in on call process, including admin on call, preparing on call schedule, supports the on-call process.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and HIPAA/Privacy Program, Compliance Program, and Code of Conduct and Ethics. Participates in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety. Identifies and reports health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
- Provides oversight and approval of payroll, ensures agency is operating in accordance with current pay practices.
- Ensures care center operations are processed in accordance with work flow standards.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Holds employees accountable for the attainment of defined goals and objectives. Executes effective performance redirection when needed. Develops employees through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job training and development opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Business or Clinical related field.
- Two (2+) years' home care experience and at least one year of supervisory experience or two (2+) years' experience in leadership/management in health care, home health or hospice.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Clinical related field and Licensed Clinical Professional.
- Home health experience.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse or other health care professional specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company.
Posting ID: 548697099Posted: 2020-03-24