TCF Home Loans is looking for Mortgage Loan Originators in the greater Milwaukee area.
We're looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, bring customer service to the next level and have experience as a high performing MLO.
The Mortgage Loan Originator will complete applications on prospective loan customers to offer and execute mortgages, consumer loans and assess the needs for any other TCF services; within the policies, objectives, and guidelines established by the Consumer Lending division. Adhere to scheduled workday to ensure accurate and timely sales execution of all inbound customer leads. Major Areas of Accountability
Qualifications :Minimum Qualifications
- Take complete loan applications to assess the proper mortgage loan for the customer. Demonstrate professional salesmanship skills and service expectations; build customer confidence.
- Approve or deny consumer loans within established mortgage lending guidelines per AUS once a complete application is generated. Document decision analysis in the system of record (Encompass) and properly communicate with customers on next steps as appropriate credit analysis.
- Recommend other TCF products and refer to the appropriate area to best serve the customer's needs. Leverage Regional Sales Manager as needed to properly assess the customer's needs.
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of TCF internal policies and procedures such as processing denials, fees, escrows etc. Ability to navigate on-line manuals and operating systems.
- Follow detailed scripting and process to ensure the customer experience is consistent every time. Is knowledgeable of the lending process, systems and guidelines to appropriately guide the customer.
- Knowledgeable of TCF lending products and underwriting criteria. Able to read, interpret and explain various documents such as appraisals, credit bureaus, title reports, etc.
- Informed on all services offered by the Bank.
- Executes 75%+ in lock pull through and 80%+ pull through in submission to funding.
- Minimum of 3 years mortgage lending experience
- Possess strong working knowledge of all consumer lending regulations.
- Solid understanding of TCF lending products and underwriting criteria.
- Demonstrated sales ability.
- Able to work structured hours.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.Build your career with TCF
- Four-year college degree
- NMLS ID - Independently licensed as an MLO preferred but not required
- Experience with Encompass
- Experience with Optimal Blue pricing engine
You have room to grow at TCF. We promote from within whenever possible. You can expand your career in the financial services industry through our network of operations: retail and commercial banking, inventory and equipment financing, and corporate services.
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada. Build a better community with TCF
We are helping make life better in the communities we serve, and we encourage our team members to do so as well. We offer free financial education for teens and adults. Our foundation contributes more than $3 million annually, with preference for organizations where our team members volunteer. We match team members' contributions to qualified organizations and we match volunteers with organizations that need the time and talents our team members can provide. Our Benefits
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.