Treasury and Trade Services (TTS) offer industry-leading Cash Management & Trade solutions to multi-national corporations, financial institutions and public sectors globally. Commercial Cards is a rapidly growing product in the TTS suite of products and has been identified as one of the top priority products within TTS business. The Commercial Cards business caters for over 700 corporate clients across 11 markets in LATAM with annual growth of circa 20% year on year, in the next 2 years.
The role reports solely to the Regional Commercial Cards Ops Head for Latam, and is a member of the LATAM Operations Group Management Team. Additionally there is a close working relationship with the Commercial Cards Global Fraud Risk Management core group. Commercial Cards Operations is closely aligned to Product, Sales, Account Management, Implementations, Capabilities, and Technologies, and there are many interactions with these groups.
The Operations Group currently has a footprint as follows:
- Regional (cross-border) card issuance - Tampa (Citi, core leadership, process and project roles), Outsourced Vendor for Cardholder Services (Costa Rica and Curitiba, BR- client and cardholder service delivery), and Chennai & Mumbai (Third party - Customer Inquiry Fulfillment Back Office and processing center).
- In-market issuance - Central America, DR, Colombia and Peru
- This team supports a card base of 150,000 Commercial cards in a growing market.
- Be accountable for driving strategy to improve cardholder service experience through transformation, governance of Call Center platform holding vendor partner accountable to service levels/delivery on transformation agenda, and policies/procedures for Call Center platform.
- Drive the level of Cards customer satisfaction to best-in-class levels, across Latam. Contribute towards Customer Service strategy to meet core customer and shareholder goals.
- Form strategic and tactical initiatives, managing some of these directly, to optimize the economics of service delivery, leveraging all appropriate opportunities to contain and reduce cost, and working to re-engineering targets.
- Be an escalation point for Customer Service issues, managing customer expectations, fostering proactive customer service, and involving participation in customer reviews as well as other activities such as being a senior point of escalation for customer issue resolution.
- Own and be accountable for Call Center KPIs, KRIs and Customer Satisfaction level targets.
- Work in collaboration with the Client Operations Head and Contact Center leadership to ensure there is consistently an appropriate level of staffing, and that the team is fully trained & engaged in providing high quality customer service.
- Be an effective member of the Commercial Cards Client Operations Management Team.
- Ensure the development and execution both of strategy and goal achievement.
- Manage Call Center expense and deliver on agreed cost re-engineering goals.
- Have organization responsibility for around 70 FTE, including both Direct and outsourced resourcing.
- Regularly liaise with other Citi operational areas, in Latam and globally, to best satisfy Customer Service requirements.
- Be client-facing as appropriate, representing the business and Citi to best effect.
- Drive monthly service reviews with key partners and stakeholders.
- Oversee MCA for Cardholder Service function and ensure flawless adherence to controls.
- Ensuring effective measures and metrics are in-place to monitor operational performance (KPIs, KRi's, TATs) and work across the matrix to address and resolve issues and gaps.
- Input into client RFP's to support new business opportunities, helping to define servicing and processing configuration to incorporate and cost such tender processes.
- Work with vendor management to align processes and controls and share best practices.
- Consistently lead and be a driving force in the organization's support of the O&T Operating Principles and how these are reinforced in every day behaviors.
- Ensure the delivery of Call Center Operations on behalf of the business to targeted performance levels.
- Liaise with Global functions as appropriate to ensure that Latam achieves optimum outcomes, within a framework that allows for consistency across the regions.
- Drive process and operational improvements, creating an environment that continually enhances the business.
- Ensure a robust controls framework exists and effectively functions in the group, to protect Citi and its clients.
- Carrying out a leading role in executing work to achieve our Controls objectives, ensuring a range of activities to be successfully implemented (e.g. MCA, Internal Audit, Regulatory and compliance requirements).
- Lead and be accountable for the Cardholder Service function of Latam Commercial Cards.
- Proven sustained success in Cards and/or Fraud Management disciplines.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Cards is essential
- Cards Fraud Management expertise is essential.
- Experience of Commercial Cards Operations is preferable.
- Good understanding of Risk-related aspects of operational activities is essential.
- Experience of working in a matrix/multi-site environment.
- Charge backs process and acquirer/issuer fraud liability experience.
- Working with Visa, Master Card, Other Payment network providers.
- Effective management of complex Vendor / Outsourcing relationship.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple activities often to tight timelines
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strategy creation and execution
- Program and project management skills
- Financial and KPI analysis
- Organizational and Talent Development Competencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly competent at matrix management
- Structured in approach and detail-oriented
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels (verbal/written), both internally within Citi and externally with clients
- Strong at change management
- Highly numerate
- Quick learner
- Goals-focused and results-driven
- Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success
- Spanish speaking is required (Portuguese is a plus)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or 10 years+ experience within the Banking and/or Financial Services industry.
- Independent thinking, with strong thought leadership to challenge the status quo.
- Relationship management and influencing competency.
- Ability to work with intensity in a pressurized environment (multi-tasking is essential) and to retain sound decision-making judgement.
- Must be proactive and prepared through own initiative to investigate issues with the minimum of information
- Excellent communication with ability to engage at all levels, both verbally and through written materials
- Self-motivated and core ability to drive results
- Structured working competency.
This role offers tremendous exposure to diverse areas within the bank - enabling the candidate to develop by interacting with Clients, Product, Sales, Implementations, Operations & Technologies, Account Management and other relationship teams. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop expertise in all aspects of Commercial Cards Operations, and will play a highly visible and vital role in supporting the Regional businesses.
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.