- Citi Retail Services (CRS) is the leading payments provider to many of the most notable brands in retail. With a diverse footprint spanning across sectors, including big box, apparel, electronics, industrial, power-sports, and more, CRS is shaping the industry and helping to drive major transformations across the retail space. Informed by handpicked data and insights, Citi Retail Services offers partners expert tools and solutions to build customer loyalty, increase profitability and drive business growth. There are more than 9,000 dedicated CRS employees strategically located across the U.S. Citi Retail Services is backed by the global capital, strategic insights and leadership of Citi (NYSE: C).
The Business Analytics Grp Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Excellent commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. This position will interface with all levels of management both within Citi Retail Services and with assigned Retail Services Portfolios.
- Effectively lead, coach, and develop the Customer Reporting team
- Direct the development and delivery of on-going standard reporting/decision support tools as requested by the base of clients
- Interface with partners and internal Citi clients to lead the design of data driven customer centric reporting solutions.
- Lead enterprise reporting tools education and understanding - drive tools awareness and capability
- Proactively identify opportunities to support key strategic priorities that drive sales, increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve operations with robust descriptive reporting capabilities.
- Oversee and manage audit and risk exposure of Citi data assets and assigned data servers
- Accountability for consistency and proper documentation of data assets: ensure efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Maintain overall responsibility for data quality issues for Customer Reporting data assets
- Develop relationships across the Retail Services organization to leverage and share best practices - especially with other reporting and analytics teams
- Establish excellent working relationships and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Act as liaison between business stakeholders, Customer Data Intelligence, and the Business Intelligence teams
Develop and articulate analytical framework to solve business challenges
- Lead and develop reporting subordinates, especially around developing sound analytical approach to solve business problems
- Drive innovative thinking about leveraging new tools/methods to transform the analytical capability of the organization
- Understand regulatory implications and develop mitigation / opportunity strategies
- Ensure robust quantity control in the analytical processes
- Cross functional leadership (communication and influencing) to drive towards common goal
- The incumbent will leverage industry best practices, navigate and leverage internal relationships and become the key point of contact to ensure delivery and adoption
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- An influencer who communicates clearly and frequently to both technical analysts and non-technical business leaders
- High energy - works proactively and demonstrates flexibility in approach to fast changing business priorities
- 10+ years of experience, minimum 5 years in leading, coaching, and developing reporting/analytics teams
- Experience developing technologies used in business intelligence, specifically: Oracle, SAS, Unix/Linux, Business Objects, Tableau, and QlikView
- Understanding of FDR data or other large credit receivables platform including propriety systems.
- Experience managing Technical Analysts
- Strong analytic and deductive reasoning skill
- Skillful at collaborating with multiple groups (Risk, Finance, DM, Operations, and Data Governance)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with documented experience interacting with all levels, including senior management
- Proficiency at building Senior Level update decks and good presentation skills
- Ability in strategic thinking and the ability to frame business problems
- Excellent analytical, technical and/or statistical skills with proven ability to translate large volumes of data
- Intellectually curious, consistently seeking and developing new opportunities
- Bachelors/University degree in quantitative or computational field, Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Posting ID: 548697700Posted: 2020-02-11