The Global Consumer Bank is on a journey to transform the business model and pivot for growth. The world has changed and disruption is at our door. We are faced with an increasingly competitive environment where customer expectations are higher than ever. We must radically simplify the way we do business, reevaluating everything we do with the goals of speed, simplicity and more efficiently deploying resources. It is imperative that we become a flatter, leaner organization capable of executing with greater efficiency and agility. We need to accelerate the transformation of our operating model to be mobile first and lead what's next digitally to pivot to growth.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what's right.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank has a unique opportunity to leverage its global consumer relationships and footprint, state of the art technology and leading consumer banking position to deliver customer value in a targeted and impactful way.
Citi is optimizing its relationship structure with the global networks (Mastercard and Visa) to realize a fully integrated global delivery model with technology at its core, where data & analytics, marketing and product all work in concert on the network platform goals of the company to deliver a remarkable customer experience. To help us continue on this journey, the networks team is looking for a Head of Networks Marketing Solutions to lead assessment, sizing and integration of network marketing, advertising, research and sponsorship solutions that will transform and grow the Global Consumer Bank. The Role
The individual will work directly with senior executives across Global Networks and Citi's Global Consumer Bank to identify opportunities, create the business cases, negotiate statements of work, oversee a cross-functional project management team responsible for implementing the solutions, track results relative to the business cases and make recommendations to enhance performance. This individual will also be accountable for managing a global fund to grow business performance though network marketing assets and solutions and will report to the Head of Networks. Core responsibilities:
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Leading the assessment of network marketing, advertising, research and sponsorship solutions
- Developing the strategy and business case for each opportunity
- Negotiating a statement of work with Global Networks executives
- Overseeing a cross-functional project management team responsible for implementing the solution
- Tracking results relative to the business case and making recommendations to enhance performance
- Managing the growth initiative fund to grow global consumer bank business performance though network assets and solutions
- Recruit, lead and manage a small, high performing networks business development team
- Identify and recruit new talent into the GCB organization
- Ensure team gains visibility and mentorship to build a long term career at Citi
- 10+ years of management experience in financial services or consulting with background in Networks FinTech, Payment industry and/or digital commerce
- Proven success in assessing, developing and implementing large-scale marketing programs.
- Experience presenting to c-suite executives
- Prior history negotiating and executing 3rd party agreements
- Natural team player with strong influencing and interpersonal skills, a resourceful developer of relationships who enhances overall credibility
- Prior experience with global consumer banking products (e.g. credit, debit)
- Strong financial agility combined with an ability to communicate a compelling vision and strategy to both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of execution and results
- Ability to build credible and trusting relationships across Citi
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and written/verbal communications skills
- Outstanding people leadership skills, able to envision an enhanced future state and motivate and inspire others to create it
- Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise
- Self-motivated, highly adaptive and able to work well in a demanding environment
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Travel approximately 15-20%
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.