Delivery Driver - $12-$20/Hr - 12840 Jefferson Avenue (04358)Job Description
EARN SOME DOUGH!
Earn up to $12-$20 per hour! Domino's Delivery Drivers are paid cash nightly, which includes tips and mileage reimbursement! We offer flexible schedules that offer the hours you're looking for, so you're free when you need to be.
DRIVE YOUR CAREER!
You'll find our Delivery Driver jobs offer you more. We'll train you up so you know your stuff, from deliveries to making pizza and everything in-between.
We are committed to promoting from within. Many of our team members began their careers as delivery drivers and today are successful Domino's franchisees. From delivery driver to management, general manager to franchisee, our stores offer a world of opportunity! Whether you aspire to be an owner yourself or wish to advance into a management position, we are here to help you reach your goals.
JOIN A WINNING TEAM!
We are a locally owned company dedicated to our team members and community. We take pride in our team members and our team members take pride in being part of the best pizza delivery company in the world. Our award-winning stores and people ensure we are the #1 pizza delivery company in every neighborhood.
- Flexible Schedules
- Cash Paid Daily (mileage + tips)
- Advancement Opportunities
- Meal Discounts
- Retirement Plan (eligibility requirements)
- Group Health Insurance (eligibility requirements)
Domino's Delivery Drivers Must Be at Least 18 Years Old and Need:
- Friendly, positive attitude and great customer service skills
- Valid Driver's license
- Reliable vehicle to use for deliveries
- Proof of car insurance
- Safe driving record meeting company standards
- Possess navigational skills to read a map, locate addresses within designated delivery area and must be able to navigate adverse terrain including multi-story buildings
Those are the basics, but here's what else you can expect:
General Job Duties
- Operate all equipment
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, walk-in cooler
- Prepare product
- Receive and process telephone orders
- Take inventory and complete associated paperwork
- Clean equipment and facility approximately daily
- Ability to comprehend and give correct written instructions
- Ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers to process orders both over the phone and in person
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator)
- Must be able to make correct monetary change
- Verbal, writing, and telephone skills to take and process orders
- Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed
- Ability to enter orders using a computer keyboard or touch screen
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when delivering product, driving, couponing and performing other outside tasks
- In-store temperatures range from 36 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas
- Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside
- Fumes from food odors
- Exposure to cornmeal dust
- Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler
- Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher
- Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts
- The ability to direct activities, perform repetitive tasks, work alone and with others, work under stress, meet strict quality control standards, deal with people, analyze and compile data, make judgments and decisions
VirginiaAdditional Job Details
Forward bending at the waist is necessary at the pizza assembly station.
Toe room is present, but workers are unable to flex their knees while standing at this station.
Duration of this position is approximately 30 - 45 seconds at one time, repeated continuously during the day.
Forward bending is also present at the front counter and when stocking ingredients.
Performed occasionally to stock shelves and to clean low areas.
Reaching is performed continuously; up, down and forward.
Workers reach above 72" occasionally to turn on/off oven controls, change prices on sign, and lift and lower objects to and from shelves.
Workers reaching down to perform such tasks as scooping cornmeal from a plastic barrel, or washing dishes.
Workers reach forward when obtaining topping ingredients, cleaning work surfaces, or answering phones.
Eye-hand coordination is essential. Use of hands is continuous during the day.
Frequently activities require use of one or both hands.
Shaping pizza dough requires frequent and forceful use of forearms and wrists.
Workers must manipulate a pizza peel when removing pizza from the oven, and when using the rolling cutter.
Frequent and/or forceful pinching is required in the assembly of cardboard pizza boxes.
Team Members must be able to grasp cans, the phone, the pizza cutter and pizza peel, and pizza boxes.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Work Aids
Team Members may be required to utilize pencils/pens, computers, telephones, calculators, TDD equipment, pizza cutter and pizza peel.DRIVING SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
Deliver product by car and then to door of customer.
Deliver flyers and door hangers.REQUIRES
Valid driver's license with safe driving record meeting company standards.
Access to an insured vehicle which can be used for delivery.ESSENTIAL SKILLS
Navigational skills to read a map, locate addresses within designated delivery area.
Must navigate adverse terrain including multi-story buildings, private homes, and other delivery sites while carrying product.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
During delivery, carry pizzas and beverages while performing "walking" and "climbing" duties.
Deliver pizzas within a designated delivery area. A Team Member may make several deliveries per shift.
Delivery personnel must travel between the store and delivery vehicle and from the delivery vehicle to the customer's location.
During delivery of product, navigation of five or more flights of stairs may be required.WORK CONDITIONS
Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when delivering product, driving and couponing.SENSING
Far vision and night vision for driving. Address 1
I acknowledge that I am applying for employment with First Colony Pizza, Inc, an independently owned and operated Domino's Pizza franchisee that is a separate company and employer from Domino's Pizza LLC and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. I further acknowledge that any decisions regarding my employment will be made solely by First Colony Pizza, Inc and that my employer is not Domino's Pizza LLC or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. Job Category
Store Delivery ExpertFranchise Consent Statement
Disclosure Regarding Employment Background Report First Colony Pizza, Inc. ("COMPANY") may obtain from HireRight, Inc. ("HIRERIGHT"), 3349 Michelson Dr., Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92612, www.hireright.com, a consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report ("REPORT") that contains background information about you in connection with your employment or employment application. If you are hired, to the extent permitted by law, COMPANY may obtain from HIRERIGHT further reports throughout your employment for an employment purpose without providing further disclosure or obtaining additional consent. The REPORT may contain information about your character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living. The REPORT may include, but is not limited to, credit reports and credit history information; criminal and other public records and history; public court records (e.g., bankruptcies, tax liens and judgments); motor vehicle and driving records; educational and employment history, including professional disciplinary actions; drug/alcohol test results; and Social Security verification and address history, subject to any limitations imposed by applicable federal and state law. This information may be obtained from public record and private sources, including credit bureaus, government agencies and judicial records, former employers and educational institutions, and other sources. If an investigative consumer REPORT is obtained, in addition to the description above, the nature and scope of any such REPORT will be employment verifications and references, or personal references. Authorization to Obtain Employment Background Report I have read the Disclosure Regarding Employment Background Report provided by First Colony Pizza, Inc. ("COMPANY") and this Authorization to Obtain Employment Background Report. By my signature below, I hereby consent to the preparation by Sterling Infosystems, Inc. ("HIRERIGHT"), a consumer reporting agency located at 3349 Michelson Dr., Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92612, www.hireright.com, of background reports regarding me and the release of such reports to the COMPANY and its designated representatives, to assist the COMPANY in making an employment decision involving me at any time after receipt of this authorization and throughout my employment, to the extent permitted by law. To this end, I hereby authorize, without reservation, any state or federal law enforcement agency or court, educational institution, motor vehicle record agency, credit bureau or other information service bureau or data repository, or employer to furnish any and all information regarding me to STERLING and/or the COMPANY itself, and authorize HIRERIGHT to provide such information to the COMPANY. I agree that a facsimile ("fax"), electronic or photographic copy of this Authorization shall be as valid as the original. I acknowledge receipt of a copy of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's "A SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT."