Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose the Group Functions Finance is to be a financial consultant to the respective business partner by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. The Finance Functions support and steer the business to achieve financial targets as well as the strategy based on the analysis of number indicators. This is supported by the creation of transparency about business performance through cost (-centre) analysis, business analysis and performance management
We are a business partner providing support, guidance and clarity to all Group Functions: Finance, IT, HR & legal, GWP & RE as well as General Management/Board. We support them in optimizing their contribution to the company's success. This requires a detailed understanding of business, the creation and monitoring of adequate and effective policies, correct and timely reporting as well as in-depth analysis combined with competent and professional business partnering. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure transparency of IT, Global Workplace Service & Real Estate cost and performance across market NAM and for IT only in market LAM (with support from local FP&A teams).
- Partner with the business to visualize impact and dependencies of core cost and service drivers enabling best practice sharing and fact-based decision making
- Actively drive IT strategy development and implementation through leading all business case developments for market NAM & LAM (with support from local FP&A teams) and GWP & RE within North America
- Lead medium- large sized projects in alignment with business partners, implement findings and ensure sustainability of achievements. Align with project manager on tracking benefit realization of projects such as shared services or Global IT Masterplan Projects
- Overall responsibility for the financial controlling of all IT costs related to market NAM & market LAM (with support from local FP&A teams), as well as GWP & RE for NAM.
- Proactively drive transparency on cost and cost drivers of IT through cost management of the assigned budget by supervising budget process and forecast, reporting actual costs, explaining cost deviations, and identifying savings potential as part of cost saving initiatives.
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with the supporting FP&A contacts in NAM & LAM, provide functional guidance and manage independently all financial processes considering global guidelines
- Drive the development and continuous enhancement ofbalanced Key Performance Indicators, ensuring transparency on business performance drivers and building sustainable"performance management culture" within the IT, GWP & RE Organizations
- Identify requirements and further develop methods for advanced budgeting, forecasting and performance tracking; establish a benchmarking process; and deepen knowledge and understanding of industry trends
- Design, develop and implement state of the art analytic tools Develop new processes, standards or operational plans and deliver results with direct impact on the targets
- Significantly contribute to the achievement of the department strategy
- Ensure smooth operation of the business by taking on ownership for related actions.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Business Partnering with IT Market Heads for NAM and LAM, GWP & RE for NAM
- Local FP&A teams in LAM
- Group Functions Finance teams
- Group Taxes
- Group Accounting
- Commercial Finance
- Group Reporting
- Group Taxes
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure
- High degree of customer orientation
- Ability to maneuver in consistently changing environment
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and understanding of external business drivers
- Thorough understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics within an international company
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent communication skills for influencing others
- Strong financial controlling skillset
- Excellent analytical skills in order to synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions
- Strong result orientation and pro-activity with a high degree of customer orientation
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end IT
- Strong user skills in SAP-CO/PA, Business Intelligence (SAP BW, IBM Cognos et al.)
- Strong MS Office skills, especially MS Excel
- Ability to think and act strategically and develop operational plans
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
- University degreein Business Administration / Finance / Controlling / Logistics
- Minimum of 5-8 years of work experience in related field
- Knowledge of fast moving consumer goods, fashion industry and/or retail is an advantage
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete's mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture - the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
- CONFIDENCEallows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don't have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning - it helps us improve.
- COLLABORATION.Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other's abilities and talents.
- Being the best sports company in the world takesCREATIVITY. No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors' training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
Posting ID: 548699225Posted: 2020-02-11