Sous Chef - O-Ku Sushi
Atlanta, GA • O-Ku Sushi
In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other's company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
You are talented and creative and looking to use your experience to co-run a successful kitchen with the Executive Chef. While assisting the Executive Chef in overseeing culinary functions, you'll also lead a team of kitchen staff and oversee kitchen safety and sanitation. Summary of Key ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- You know that happy food is made by happy chef's, so you'll supervise and motivate the kitchen staff, sharing inspiration and ideas with them daily to teach and keep energy high.
- To ensure the highest quality is coming out of the kitchen, you'll advise in training, preparation, and production of all menu items.
- You'll work with the kitchen staff to establish a consistent schedule, while managing labor costs and anticipating future employment needs.
- Holding the kitchen staff accountable is part of your role; you'll uphold standards of conduct per handbook expectations.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality and standards.
- Control food costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Adhere to all DHEC regulations for cleanliness and sanitation, reporting any accidents.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to prepare and design menu items.
- Produce high quality plates as it relates to both design and taste, following proper presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Stock and maintain sufficient food product level at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Maintain close relationships with local vendors, farms, etc.
- Ensure that the guest experience is the number one goal at the end of all we do.
- Perform a daily walk-through of inventory to determine daily production.
- Conduct proper ordering procedures to maintain par levels of all kitchen products
Requirements Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2+ years of experience in kitchen preparation and culinary experience in a high-volume environment.
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of kitchen safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Basic food cost knowledge.
- Ability to handle emergency situations and provide solutions quickly and effectively.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Must be able to supervise multiple levels of culinary workers.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and restaurant employees.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant computer/POS Register usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is "at will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That's means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause. Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Posting ID: 548700354Posted: 2020-02-11