Pastry Cook - O-Ku Sushi
Nashville, TN • O-Ku Nashville
In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other's company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Our restaurants make fresh pastas and breads in-house daily and utilize wood fire cooking to create memorable meals. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
You can't even remember a time when you weren't excited by an expertly produced souffl, and few things in life get you more excited than a perfect southern biscuit. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated Pastry Cook to learn from a seasoned Pastry Chef; you'll prep and bake pastry and baked goods, executing the Pastry Chef's vision while honing your skills. Summary of Key ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistency is key, so you'll learn to prepare all dessert and baked good items on the menu, but will use our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products without relying on memory.
- Keeping with consistency, you'll adhere to standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Your creativity doesn't get in the way of organization; each day you'll refer to a Daily Prep List and Closing Checklist at the start and end of each shift for assigned duties and complete both fully.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station, adhering to all DHEC regulations; this includes tables, shelves, walls, ovens, pastry/dessert equipment and refrigeration equipment.
- Promptly report all product shortages, equipment problems or food quality issues to Pastry Chef or Executive Chef.
- Participate in all scheduled employee meetings, voicing suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Pastry Chef or manager-on-duty.
Requirements Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a pastry kitchen handling preparation and cooking.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills with the desire to learn advanced pastry cooking skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of kitchen safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and restaurant employees.
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, employees and guests.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant computer/POS Register usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is "at will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That's means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause. Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Posting ID: 548700546Posted: 2020-02-11