Wyman-Gordon, located in Grafton MA, is a major industrial manufacturer serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, power generation, and industrial businesses. Wyman-Gordon Grafton is a 1 million sq. ft. manufacturing facility with a 50,000-ton press, 35,000-ton press and 18,000 ton press for large titanium, steel and inconel closed die forgings. Wyman Gordon is part of a highly successful, multi-billion-dollar diversified manufacturer, Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC). Manufacturing Supervisor - Forge
To provide excellent supervisory leadership, efficient management and creative problem-solving, in the forge operations. Effectively interface with all levels of personnel throughout the North Grafton, MA facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensuring consistent quality standards and procedures up and down work chain.
- Drive production through the utilization of the Forge Crew to meet all operation's metrics.
- Identifying new opportunities to impact business and operations goals positively.
- Manufacturing directs and coordinates forging plant operations-based policies, objectives, and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
- Manage a union workforce and hold accountable to all WG quality, safety and production procedures.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in Heavy Manufacturing (Steel making, automotive or forging preferred)
- Union shop experience preferred
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.Please apply at
- Ability to drive production in a fast-paced stressful environment.
- Rotating shift coverage required
- Ability to manage multiple, often changing, priorities
- Will work 2nd & 3rd shifts
:https://careers.precast.com/career-areas/ Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Posting ID: 548700817Posted: 2020-02-18