Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System's Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do - in this role, you will be part of the Shadow Hardware Engineering Team, supporting the Electrical Functional Area as a senior electrical engineer with functional manager responsibility for a small team. The Shadow Hardware Engineering team has responsibility for all aspects of air vehicle and ground support equipment hardware engineering on the Shadow production line, a well-established Unmanned Aerial System, but the team also enjoys opportunities to support other product lines as well. The Electrical Functional Area has electrical engineering responsibility for both airborne and ground support equipment applications of the Unmanned Aerial System, to include avionics, network architecture, datalinks, payloads, and electrical power systems.
• Developing imaginative, thorough, practicable technical solutions to a wide range of difficult Electrical Engineering problems
• Lead a small team of Electrical Engineers and develop your team's professional skill set.
• Participate in, and lead, electrical hardware design, testing, and sustainment initiatives to include avionics, network architecture, datalinks, payloads, and electrical power systems.
• Working cohesively on a multi-functional team with exciting technologies and products.
• Actively participate in the attraction, selection, retention, and development of top engineering talent.
•Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
•7+ years of related engineering experience.
•Effective technical writing and presentation skills.
•Able to obtain/maintain a government secret security clearance.
•Master's degree in related field.
•Functional management experience.
•Aircraft electrical engineering experience.
•Aircraft electrical power system experience.
•Data link and Radio Frequency (RF) experience.
•Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) experience.
•Network Architecture experience.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting ID: 548702399Posted: 2020-03-10