As a Unit Manager (LPN)
at Golden LivingCenters, you will ensure that our patients get the care they need and that we have the necessary resources to provide it. Your hard work and meaningful efforts will help us to continue providing the highest quality healthcare possible. You will have a direct impact on the quality of care that our patients receive and will do what it takes to provide the highest quality care. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you'll know you've made a difference in the lives of our patients.GENERAL PURPOSE
Responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of care to a group of residents in a Nursing unit under the direction of an RNESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Develop an individualized plan of care in collaboration with the resident or responsible party and interdisciplinary care team by documenting problems, statements, goals, and approaches in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary care team
- Implement plan of care consistently, effectively and cost-efficiently with focus on resident-centered outcomes
- Utilize all appropriate, available resources for counseling and discharge planning
- Under the direction of an RN, supervise other professional staff in the day-to-day delivery of resident care
- Monitor resident activity and provide nursing care as appropriate including charting and recordkeeping
- Maintain an updated knowledge base in pharmacology. Apply adult learning principles when educating individuals, family members or responsible party regarding the resident's medication regimen
- Recognize normal and abnormal lab values and communicate the same in an appropriate manner to the physician, and other interdisciplinary team members as appropriate
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
Position Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in state of practice required
- Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience
- Recent clinical experience, education, or specialty skills specific to geriatrics
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company software
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels.
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, fingering, fine hand coordination, ability to talk and hear; ability to read and write; ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress. Ability to adequately lift, support and bodily manipulate the weight of a patient.COMPANY PROFILE
At Golden LivingCenters
, we share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare, one person, one family, and one community at a time. Each of our 23 Indiana Living Centers is held to the highest clinical standards and is staffed by caring, experienced professionals. We strive to hire and retain personnel of ability, character, and dedication by providing good working conditions, training and leadership, and personal growth opportunities.
00242 - Fountainview
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.