As a QMA (Qualified Medication Aide),
are you ready to bring your heart and expertise to an award-winning team that feels like a family? Bring your passion for patient care to Golden LivingCenters. As one of the nation's leading providers of skilled nursing care, we are dedicated to helping people live fuller, longer, and more productive lives. Join us! Together, we're redefining the way care is delivered with an innovative, holistic approach that considers the whole patient every time.GENERAL PURPOSE
Set up and administer medications under the direction and supervision of a Charge Nurse, and to function as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Prepare, administer and document medications following accepted practices, and per regulations under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Nurse
- Assist residents with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc. Assist with resident recreation programs. Prepare residents for meals and snacks. Assist residents in eating where needed and record food intake
- Read and follow daily care plans; perform assigned restorative and rehabilitative procedures; report changes in resident condition to Nurse in charge; document care provision on resident record/flow sheets as required and report accidents and incidents; and provide nursing functions as directed by supervisor
- Assist in admission, transfer, and discharge of residents
- Comply with all Company policies related to safety and infection control procedures including the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts, and personal protective back supports
- Understand, comply with and promote all rules and regulations regarding residents' rights; promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance
- Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service training, and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities
Position Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Must be certified as a Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) by the state and must also be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with the state
- Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and other employees at all levels
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, fingering, fine hand coordination, ability to talk and hear; ability to read and write; ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress. Ability to adequately lift, support and bodily manipulate the weight of a patient.COMPANY PROFILE
At Golden LivingCenters
, we share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare, one person, one family and one community at a time. Each of our 23 Indiana Living Centers is held to the highest clinical standards and is staffed by caring, experienced professionals. We strive to hire and retain personnel of ability, character, and dedication by providing good working conditions, training and leadership, and personal growth opportunities.
03678 - Woodlands
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.