As a Charge Nurse (RN
) at Golden LivingCenters, you will ensure that our patients get the care they need and that we have the necessary resources to provide it. Your hard work and meaningful efforts will help us to continue providing the highest quality healthcare possible. You will have a direct impact on the quality of care that our patients receive and will do what it takes to provide the highest quality care. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you'll know you've made a difference in the lives of our patients.
We are seeking qualified candidates who have experience in this field and are ready to go to any length to get our patients and facilities the support they need. That's because you believe in our mission here at Golden LivingCenters.GENERAL PURPOSE
Responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of care to a group of residents in a nursing unit. Assess resident needs, develop individual care plans, administer nursing care, evaluate nursing care. Supervise CNA, Certified Specialist/Technicians, and other personnel. May supervise other Nurses, including other RNs.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Assure that effective quality nursing care is delivered which is outcome focused through utilization of the nursing process. Identify needs and provide input for discharge planning and follow-up throughout length of stay
- Develop an individualized plan of care in collaboration with the resident/responsible party and interdisciplinary care team.
- Implement plan of care consistently, effectively and cost-efficiently with focus on resident centered outcomes by utilizing all appropriate, available resources for resident/family/responsible party counseling and discharge planning. Work in collaboration with physicians and/or other health care professionals by sharing information relevant to changing plans of care.
- Deliver and maintain optimum resident care and comfort by demonstrating knowledge and skills of current nursing practices.
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities
Position Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Must hold and maintain a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in practicing state
- Must hold and maintain a current CPR certification. Licensed nursing staff is required to obtain their CPR certification within 90 days of hire.
- Recent clinical experience, education, or specialty skills specific to geriatrics
- Demonstrate understanding that state and federal rules and regulations govern the practices within the facility
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate working knowledge of infection control principles and practices
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.COMPANY PROFILE
At Golden LivingCenters
, we share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare, one person, one family, and one community at a time. Each of our 23 Indiana Living Centers is held to the highest clinical standards and is staffed by caring, experienced professionals. We strive to hire and retain personnel of ability, character, and dedication by providing good working conditions, training and leadership, and personal growth opportunities.
00257 - LaPorte
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.