As a Restorative Aide (CNA
), are you ready to bring your heart and expertise to an award-winning team that feels more like a family? Bring your passion for patient care to Golden LivingCenters. As one of the nation's leading providers of skilled nursing care and inpatient and outpatient therapies, we are dedicated to helping people live fuller, longer and more productive lives. Join us! Together, we're redefining the way care is delivered with an innovative, holistic approach that considers the whole patient every time.GENERAL PURPOSE
The Restorative Aide (CNA) is an experienced, certified nursing assistant who functions as both a role model and a resource person for the new nursing assistants to create a supportive orientation period to restorative nursing care. The Staff Development Coordinator trains the Restorative Coordinator with the assistance of the therapy department.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Assist in selection of restorative nursing assistants to provide restorative care to residents seven days a week, supervised by their assigned Charge Nurse and evaluated by both persons. The Restorative Coordinator will assist with the training of new restorative nursing assistants and other nursing assistants regarding restorative care. Restorative Coordinator will provide input to evaluations of other Restorative Nursing Assistants
- Responsible for coordination of facility restorative program. Keep restorative and nursing assistants informed of all resident changes. Direct or assist residents in transfer techniques to walk or use walkers, and with range of motion. Coordinate self-help training; coordinate or assist with other restorative functions; evaluate progress and document daily. Participate in care plan meetings
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed lines, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc. Assist with resident recreation programs, and prepare residents for meals and snacks. Assist residents in eating where needed and record food intake. Read and document care provision on resident record/flowsheets as required. Report accidents and incidents. Provide nursing functions as directed by supervisor
- Comply with all Company policies related to safety and infection control procedures including the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts and personal protective back supports
- Understand, comply with and promote all rules and regulations regarding residents' rights. Promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance
- Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service training and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities
Position Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with the state with knowledge, experience, and commitment to providing restorative care to residents
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
- Must be able to relate professionally and positively to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other employees at all levels
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, fingering, fine hand coordination, ability to talk and hear; ability to read and write; ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress. Ability to adequately lift, support and bodily manipulate the weight of a patient.COMPANY PROFILE
At Golden LivingCenters
, we share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare, one person, one family and one community at a time. Each of our 23 Indiana Living Centers is held to the highest clinical standards and is staffed by caring, experienced professionals. We strive to hire and retain personnel of ability, character, and dedication by providing good working conditions, training and leadership, and personal growth opportunities.
00242 - Fountainview
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.