Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as an Imaging Assistant who:
Safely transports patients to and from the diagnostic imaging department, ensuring patient support systems are in place at all times. Reports any changes in patient condition during the process to nurses and/or technologists.Essential Functions:
- Safely transports patients (with and without oxygen, as appropriate) between their rooms and the diagnostic imaging department. Assists patients from wheelchair to exam table, stretcher or toilet and back as needed. Provides direct patient care as directed by technologists or radiologists, in conjunction with all imaging procedures.
- Serves as liaison between technologists and unit nursing staffs. Performs all duties related to the hand off of care between the imaging department and hospital unit, including recognizing and reporting abnormal, emergent or unusual signs and symptoms based on patient population and common diagnoses (change in vital signs, intake, output, patient complaints, etc.).
- Checks all documentation prior to patient transfer. Processes paperwork and assembles films in preparation for reading. Assists the imaging clerical staff as needed. Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other patientKeeps stretchers and wheelchairs clean and neatly stored, blanket warmers and linens stocked, exam rooms tidy and equipment clean.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:Education:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.